It’s not like no one saw this coming, RIM did put the BlackBerry Bold Touch up on its website before pulling it down shortly thereafter, after all. However, the inevitable has now passed at the BlackBerry World 2011 event, and RIM has officially announced the BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 (aka Dakota) and 9930 (aka Montana) smartphones.
The two phones are nearly identical, save for the fact that the Bold Touch 9930 features CDMA support. Check the specs out:
- 2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen displays at 640x480
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processors
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card slots
- QWERTY Keyboard, Optical Trackpad
- HSDPA and HSUPA support
- WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP and EDR
- 5 megapixel camera with LED Flash, 720p video recording
- Near Field Communications (NFC) support
- BlackBerry OS7
The smartphones are expected to roll out this summer. We certainly can’t wait to get our hands on them, so we hope these devices make it to India soon.
Published Date: May 02, 2011 09:52 pm | Updated Date: May 02, 2011 09:52 pm