BenQ announced the launch of XL2420T and XL2420TX, its flagship gaming monitors for professional and competitive FPS (First-Person Shooting) gamers, today. The new XL Series models are co-developed by core product developers and ZOWIE GEAR, manufacturer of high-end professional gaming gears and R&D partner to BenQ, including prominent Counter-Strike legends, including HeatoN & SpawN, two world-class professional gamers, amongst others. The new XL Series is available at a price of Rs.21,990 across India.
New gaming monitor by BenQ
The creation of the new FPS flagship models involved world-renowned pro gamers and legendary players from ZOWIE GEAR from the early stages of product development to the final stage of product testing. The monitor features 120Hz refresh rate, 2ms GTG response time and 12M:1 dynamic contrast ratio. The monitors are compatible with Nvidia’s 3D Vision 2 kit and also support Nvidia 3D LightBoost technology. The TX variant of the new monitor come with a built-in IR emitter in the bezel itself and a pair of 3D Vision 2 glasses. Dressed in premium black housing and intricate red detailing has helped BenQ win the Good Design Award 2011 and Red Dot product design award 2011 for them.
Some of the main highlights include:
- A unique colour engine technology that allows gamers to brighten the image display without over-exposing white levels
- The S Switch is a stylish remote controller that enables you to swiftly switch between customized display settings for gaming as well as entertainment. The scroll button even allows users to quickly navigate and change the OSD setting.
- To accommodate individual viewing preferences and requirements, the Display Mode allows gamers to interchange between monitor screen sizes from 17" (4:3), 19" (4:3), 19"W (16:10), 21.5"W (16:9), 22"W (16:10), 23W"(16:9) to 24W" (16:9), as the Smart Scaling feature gives them the freedom to manually scale the screen to any custom size.
- There are two variations to the preset FPS Mode this year. Both tailored by HeatoN and SpawN, the FPS1 mode is designed to configure and optimize the display for Counter-Strike 1.6 and the FPS2 mode for Counter-Strike Source as recommended by BenQ.
- Game Mode Loader is an online platform that stores gaming presets used by not only pro gamers but also gaming legends, such as HeatoN and SpawN. They can also take the extra step to save them onto the S Switch for quick access.
Published Date: Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am | Updated Date: Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am