The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer may be available on a slightly low key here in India but the buzz on its upgraded version is rampant on the net. We’ve already mentioned a little earlier that the next gen Transformer, dubbed Prime (probably taking a cue from the popoular ‘80’s cartoon how and now Blockbuster Hollywood Trilogy), will be making it out in a couple of weeks i.e. November 09th. There were also a few specs thrown in giving a small but enticing view of what to expect from ASUS next month.
Prime is coming... what's next Megatron?
Here’s a quick look -
- 10-inch display – although the resolution hasn’t been specified, we’re looking forward to something possibly higher than 1280 x 800, but chances is are extremely slim
- 3G access might also be on the cards with WiFi and hot spot creation as well
- Bluetooth will most certainly be on board with standard USB connectivity
- HDMI out and
- ASUS chairman Jonny Shih also confirmed NVIDIA’s quad-core Tegra processor’s (Kal-El, another comic reference) presence
- The Transformer Prime is also said to be just 8.3mm in depth which makes it a tad slimmer than Samsung's Galaxy Tab750
Google’s next upgrade to their Android platform, Ice Cream Sandwich would also, most likely, be the OS version running on the tablet. ASUS’ Facebook page speaks vaguely about the Transformer Prime but their viral does say this – We are setting a benchmark for what tablets should be. That’s about all the information available about the device, that and this new teaser video, take a look -
Published Date: Oct 24, 2011 05:38 pm | Updated Date: Oct 24, 2011 05:38 pm