An official post on Apple confirms that the company has released a software update to iTunes - v10.5.2 bringing some major fixes to the player. The update, according to the post fixes an audio distortion issue, which apparently cropped up each time a certain CD was played or was imported into the playlist. The update also brings in some improvements to iTunes Match, the service on iTunes, which allowed users to enjoy the benefits of iTunes in the Cloud.
Got the latest software update
Users may have already begun receiving these updates via their software update. The update will take in around 102 MB for Mac users, while for those using Windows systems, this update will take in 66 MB and 68 MB.
To avail the software, users need to have the following system requirements:
- Mac OS X version 10.5 or later
- Safari 4.0.3 or later
- QuickTime 7.6 or later; Support for HE-AAC requires QuickTime 7.6.4 or later
- 200MB of available disk space
- Windows XP SP2 or later
- Windows Vista 32 bit, Windows 7 32 bit
- 64 bit editions of Windows requires iTunes 10.5 Windows 64-bit version
Have you got the update, yet? Let us know your experiences in the comments section below.
Published Date: Dec 13, 2011 11:37 am | Updated Date: Dec 13, 2011 11:37 am