Bharti Airtel has launched a new education service meant for mobile phones and tablets, called mEducation. The new service enables Airtel customers across the country to access a host of education services, including courses for language skills, entrance exam preparation and career counselling with just a few clicks on their mobile phones.
Based on both voice (IVR) and SMS format, the courses offer interactive courses in multiple languages. Regular assessment tests also help customers to evaluate their progress. Customers can now also easily access the details of campuses and the scholarships on their fingertips.
There's no escape from your notes now
Here's a quick look at some of the Airtel mEducation products -
- English Guru: It helps users learn English in their native language, English Guru is available in a IVRS format and costs Rs 30 for 30 days. To subscribe to English Guru, subscribers will have to dial 55066.
- Office Vocab: The product lets users learn corporate lingo to improve their vocabulary. Office Vocab is available in SMS format for Rs 1.5 per day. To subscribe, users will have dial 55077 or *321*550#.
- Exam Prep: This helps subscribers preparing for entrance and competitive exams, like UPSC, MBA, CLAT, Bank PO, RRB, Staff services and GRE, with questionnaire-based preparatory material. Exam Prep is available in WAP format and costs Rs 99 for 12 mock tests or Rs 49 for 5 mock tests. To subscribe to Exam Prep, users will have SMS MOCK to 5432105.
- Ask an expert: Helps subscribers with education and career related queries by offering advice from the experts. Ask an expert is available in SMS format and costs Rs 10 per week (10 questions free). To subscribe to Ask an expert, users will have to dial 55077.
- Career Counselling: Helps subscribers with career related queries by letting them talk to the best of professors from top institutes and leading industry experts and professionals. Career Counselling is available in IVRS format for Rs 2 per day + event charges. To subscribe, users will have to dial 55077.
- MBA Fastrack Pack: Lets subscribers learn the tricks to crack CAT by the CAT Guru, Arun Sharma. MBA Fastrack Pack is available on WAP format for Rs 10 per day (30 days) or Rs 199 (One time). To subscribe, users will have log on to - http://m.crackcat.in.
- Personality Development: Helps subscribers develop their soft skills and enhance their personality. Personality Development is available in IVRS format and costs Rs 15 for a week. To subscribe, users will have to dial 53222345.
- Campus Search: Lets subscribers search any campus, school or college in their city and town. Campus Search is available in SMS format for Rs 1.5 per day. To subscribe, users will have to dial *321*660#.
- Scholarship Alert: Helps subscribers by offering alerts on their mobile. Scholarship Alert is available in SMS format and costs Rs 1.5 per day. To subscribe, users will have to dial 55077.
Commenting on the service, K Srinivas, President- Consumer Business, Bharti Airtel, said, “In many parts of the country, access to formal education is still restricted. The mobile platform has the potential to bridge this restriction using technology. Airtel mEducation service uses technology-enabled platforms to address the challenging issues of education with an endeavour to enrich the lives of our customers. Airtel mEducation has been designed to replicate a classroom experience for a mass market and enable learning at a convenient, accessible and affordable platform.”
Published Date: Jan 04, 2013 06:56 pm | Updated Date: Jan 04, 2013 06:56 pm