Typing emails and text messages on a virtual keyboard is often an exercise in frustration as the software forces users to conform to it rather than the other way around. To provide a solution to the problem, KeyPoint Technologies has introduced ‘Adaptxt’, which powered by a Predictive Text2.0 engine, is the next generation of text input software, providing text entry assistance on Android devices.
Gone are the days, when one had to jostle with stock messaging software to get across their messages and wait endlessly to type the desired message. Today ‘Adaptxt’, as the company claims in its official statement combines the agility of custom dictionaries and amazing software innovations to provide accurate and relevant next word prediction, error-correction and word completion inputs by combining the best of artificial intelligence and computing technology.
KeyPoint Technologies has presented to the highly evolved technological consumers of today a text input revolution which brings to the market two versions – One each for Android Smartphones and Android Tablets, featuring on board innovations like custom language and industry-specific dictionaries, along with a well-developed artificial intelligence that quickly masters the nuances of how each person writes. While one types, ‘Adaptxt’ learns and adapts to the specific writing style, to provide the user with personalised suggestions.
Provides text entry assistance on Android devices
Extensive user feedback has been incorporated to create Adaptxt 1.0 for smartphones and Adaptxt 2.0 for tablets, which adds more than 12 features including single-touch Wikipedia definitions and toggling between languages. Creating faster, smarter and fluid texting in 65+ languages, ‘Adaptxt’ is developed to provide valuable features like smart and predictive texting on an Android device. Also, Adaptxt uses its evolved artificial intelligence to identify the unique words and phrases that each person uses and then adds them to a personalised custom dictionary.
The keyboard specifically created for Android devices, offers extensive language and industry specific dictionary add-ons for Android users, making texting and typing in multiple languages on the device keyboard very easy. Facilitating relevant error correction, next word prediction, automatic learning and much more, the ‘Adaptxt’ keyboard helps fasten up texting by ensuring minimal keystrokes. The Adaptxt keyboard also keeps a check on hasty typos and provides the user with a fast and fluid texting experience.
Adaptxt features 35 industry-specific dictionaries for professions such as finance, legal and medical, plus a host of language dictionaries, from Arabic to Vietnamese. Also for the new age user, the industry-first SMS dictionary provides more than 3,000 shorthand abbreviations – such as lol, btw, gr8 and every1 – to make typing text messages faster while keeping them from going over the 160-character limit. These dictionaries complement the app’s ability to learn each user’s writing style, enabling a typing experience that’s fast, convenient and consistently accurate.
“The beta version of Adaptxt for smartphones averaged a 4.3 rating in the Google Play store, but we weren’t comfortable with anything less than perfection,” said Sumit Goswami, KeyPoint Technologies CEO. “We incorporated a year’s worth of user feedback to create a 1.0 product that blows away keyboard apps that are in their 2.0 and 3.0 versions, not to mention the stock keyboardapps that come with Android tablets and smartphones. Adaptxt sets the standard for fast, convenient and intuitive text entry”, he added.
Here’s a quick look at the key features of Adaptxt:
- Enhanced Add-ons: 21 new language, 2 new SMS dictionaries (English and Brazilian(Torpedos)) and technical dictionary add-ons, for an enriching typing experience
- In-app Installation: All language and technical dictionary add-ons can be installed directly from the Add-on Manager
- Enhanced Keyboard Layouts: The split keyboard makes two-thumb typing a breeze. Also is available in various layout options
- Shake Feature: Shake device to switch between split keyboard and standard keyboard layouts
- Repositionable Suggestion Bar: One can place the Suggestion Bar above the keyboard or below the keyboard to suit their personal typing style
- Handwriting Recognition: Slide finger on the keyboard in the form of the required character and it will be entered in the text-box
- Personalization Features: Provides personalization features like Smart multiple language word prediction and error correction along with language specific keyboard layouts
- Automatic Text Replacement(ATR): Creates shortcuts for commonly used text and phrases
- Social Network Sync: The ability to use your messages and social network posts to learn words that you frequently use and post messages with a single tap through the keyboard
- Language Specific Keyboards: QWERTY, QWERTZ, QZERTY, AZERTY, and a 12-key phone-style keypad make messaging easy, convenient and personal
- Extreme Customization: Split Keyboard for Tablets, Quick Switch between languages, a ‘private mode’ to suspend -addition of new words to dictionary and more personalization options
The Adaptxt app and its entire dictionary add-on base are available immediately for free from Google Play, Amazon and GetJar. Adaptxt 1.0 works with any smartphone running Android 2.1 or later. Adaptxt 2.0 works with any tablet running Android 2.2 or later.
Published Date: Nov 07, 2012 02:19 pm | Updated Date: Nov 07, 2012 02:19 pm