Wednesday, September 2, 2015| Latest E-book
You are here:
Star Alliance
#

Star Alliance

Articles

Ashwani Lohani is a railway man and tourism veteran; can he pull Air India out of the mess?

Aug 21, 2015

Ashwani Lohani is a railway man and tourism veteran; can he pull Air India out of the mess?

Lohani will be taking over at a crucial time when Air India seems to have begun its journey towards improved financials but challenges remain. #Business #Indian Airlines #air india #Railway Board #CompanyWatch #Star Alliance #Rohit Nandan #SBI Caps #Limca Book of Records #Ashwani Lohani
'oneworld' alliance open to partner Indian airline: CEO

Jun 08, 2015

'oneworld' alliance open to partner Indian airline: CEO

Incidentally, Ashby, who has worked with several major US airlines, was also the first CEO of IndiGo, a position which he held for about four years. #Business #air india #Jet Airways #NewsTracker #Aviation #IATA #IndiGo #Low-cost carrier #Star Alliance #British Airways #Japan Airlines #Etihad Airways #Oneworld #Cathay Pacific #Srilankan
Vistara launches loyalty scheme with SIA's KrisFlyer programme

Jan 29, 2015

Vistara launches loyalty scheme with SIA's KrisFlyer programme

The tie-up of Vistara, launched on 9 January, is the first such programme with another airline and follows the recent launch of an interline partnership with Singapore Airlines. #Business #Tata Group #CompanyWatch #Star Alliance #Virgin Atlantic #Singapore Airlines #Virgin Australia #Vistara #Phee Teik Yeoh #KrisFlyer #Club Vistara #SilkAir #Virgin America
Jet Airways not to charge fee for ticket cancellation within 24 hours

Jan 16, 2015

Jet Airways not to charge fee for ticket cancellation within 24 hours

The move comes in the face of increasing competition in the full-service segment, particularly after the national carrier Air India joined the 27-member global airlines club Star Alliance and Tata-SIA joint venture Vistara launch its service recently. #Business #Jet Airways #Aviation #CompanyWatch #Star Alliance #Tata-SIA #Vistara
Air India set to enter airlines network Star Alliance

May 01, 2014

Air India set to enter airlines network Star Alliance

After a seven-year wait, Air India will finally enter the largest global airlines network Star Alliance in July after meeting all minimum conditions, including steps to enhance customer satisfaction. #World #air india #NewsTracker #Aviation #IATA #Star Alliance
Air India likely to join global network Star Alliance

Jan 20, 2014

Air India likely to join global network Star Alliance

Air India was accepted as a future member of Star Alliance in December 2007, but the integration process was halted in July 2011 to enable it complete the merger with erstwhile Indian Airlines. #Business #air india #CompanyWatch #Star Alliance #Rohit Nandan #Civil aviation #Mark F Schwab #Tata-Singapore Airlines
AI to join Star Alliance this summer, will IndiGo, SpiceJet be next ?

Jan 20, 2014

AI to join Star Alliance this summer, will IndiGo, SpiceJet be next ?

I should get integrated into the alliance by the summer of 2014 and then, the field will be open for LCCs like IndiGo, SpiceJet to woo Star Alliance #air india #Aviation #SpiceJet #IndiGo #Star Alliance #SectorWatch
Foreign deals helped Indian carriers battle losses in 2013

Dec 27, 2013

Foreign deals helped Indian carriers battle losses in 2013

India's civil aviation industry, which faced turbulence due to high operating costs in 2012, found some comfort this past year due to a slew of overseas investment deals that helped restore confidence in the sector. #air india #Airline #Jet Airways #SpiceJet #GoAir #IndiGo #Tata #AirAsia #Star Alliance #Singapore Airlines #Etihad #Tiger Airways #RearView2013
Tata-SIA to fly overseas as soon as govt changes 5-yr local ops rule

Dec 23, 2013

Tata-SIA to fly overseas as soon as govt changes 5-yr local ops rule

The new airline, being jointly set up by Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines, will be flying from the winter schedule of 2014-15. In November, this venture received necessary permissions from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board. Tata Sons will hold majority 51 percent equity while SIA will hold the remaining 49 percent. #NewsTracker #Tata #DGCA #Star Alliance #Singapore Airlines #Ministry of Civil Aviation
Air India lobby to get Star Alliance entry may leave Jet-Etihad behind

Dec 16, 2013

Air India lobby to get Star Alliance entry may leave Jet-Etihad behind

This alliance means the potential threat from a Jet Airways-Etihad alliance is effectively nullifed. #Business #air india #Aviation #Star Alliance #Jet-Etihad Deal