It was a packed schedule for sport in 2012, with the Olympics, Euro 2012, league football across the world and tons of cricket. And when that happens, there's just too much to remember.
Lionel Messi breaking records, Andy Murray crying at Wimbledon, Sachin Tendulkar scoring his 100th century, Andrea Pirlo reborn at Euro 2012, Steven Smith flying like Superman and tons of other action.
So we've picked some of the most memorable moments from the sporting calendar of 2012, keeping in mind that it will give you something to laugh about.
We'll do a special best Olympics videos post later. Till then, enjoy these....
- The following video, is, by far, the, best, long jump... ever. Our challenge to you: watch it with a straight face.
- Sachin Tendulkar scores his hundredth hundred. The wait — finally ending in a match against Bangladesh.
- And then, Sachin Tendulkar bowled three times in a row.
- Alastair Cook gets run out in the oddest of ways. Not that it really mattered, but next time he'd rather get hit than lose his wicket.
- Who can forget Lionel Messi? At the time of writing this, he had scored 90 goals in all competitions. Here are ALL of them. Literally.
- Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal played a six-hour long Australian Open final match. After that, they were subjected to this incredible speech that almost put them to sleep.
- Steven Smith, one of the few bright spots in Pune Warriors' IPL campaign, shows just why he had people clamouring for more.
- And who can forget James Bond escorting the Queen?
- Even the best miss their penalties, including David Beckham. He can be forgiven — he's English... but Neymar? Yes, even Neymar tries to put it out of the football pitch.
- It's hard to win a Sports Personality of the Year award. It's tough on you when you come third despite winning an Olympic gold. But it's downright funny when Lennox Lewis fails to present you with the award.
- Lo and behold, this is Zlatan. A flying Zlatan. A jumping Zlatan. A happy Zlatan...
- Ever seen a goalkeeper take a goalkick, only to see the wind blow the ball back and into the net. Sounds like a terrible joke if you're a keeper? Sounds insane? Looks insane too... CLICK HERE for the worst own goal ever. Okay, unluckiest own goal ever.
- We've all, at some point, seen Barcelona play 90 minutes. But here's what they look like in 2 minutes. #FastForward
- Similarly, we've all seen a slam dunk. But have we seen a super somersaulting, cartwheeling slam dunk? No. Actually, if you see this video, then yes.
- Andrea Pirlo delivers a hammer-blow to England's Euro 2012 hopes.
- A chicken company buys an EPL club. They lose a lot, and no one likes it. Especially, one particular chicken.
- Rugby is hard to understand. But if you see this, you may make sense of it.
We cannot cover everything! So please send us your links in the comments section, and we promise we'll give it a look.
Published Date: Dec 26, 2012 14:50 PM | Updated Date: Dec 26, 2012 14:50 PM