Sachin Tendulkar may have spent 39 years on this earth but over the last 23 years he has cemented himself in the psyche of the Indian cricket loving public with cricket ranging from the sublime to brute power.
Endorsing products ranging from shoes to energy drinks, Sachin has been brand amabassador for various products and has alternated between entertaining us to making us wonder "What made him do that?". Here however are five ads we loved Sachin in:
1. The Bandaid ad in which he first smacks the ball out of sight and then helps a small kid who makes the mistake of trying to stop it with some Bandaid.
2. Perhaps his first big endorsement. The Boost ad with Kapil Dev in which he was still the lesser known cricketer and had to surrender the "Our Energy" line to the veteran all rounder. Close to two decades later, Sachin would tell a kid the same line Dev told him.
3. When did we really start saying "Aila"? Was it when we kept hearing Sachin saying it on the on-pitch microphones or was it this ad in which we had Shane Warne and Carl Hooper speak some atrocious Hindi and Sachin goes, "Aila! Plane!"
4. Sachin Tendulkar pits his acting skills against the Big B and thankfully didn't have to sing for this one. But the chemistry between the two made for a fun view:
5. And the best for the last. The epic Adidas ad made at the height of Tendulkar's fame when we believed he could do no wrong and couldn't achieve any more. He has proven us wrong many times since then but it's not like we're complaining.
Which of these is your favourite? And what is your favourite memory of the master batsman?
Published Date: Apr 24, 2012 06:17 pm | Updated Date: Apr 24, 2012 06:28 pm