Perth: Statistical highlights of the first One-Day International between India and Australia at the WACA, in Perth on Tuesday.
- Virat Kohli (91 off 97 balls) has posted his first fifty vs Australia in Australia in ODIs. His marvellous 35th fifty in ODIs is his third vs Australia.
- Kohli has registered three innings in the nervous nineties in a losing cause - the first two being 99 vs West Indies at Visakhapatnam on November 24, 2013 and 94 vs West Indies at Kingston on June 16, 2011.
- Kohli have shared seven double century stands in ODIs, establishing an Indian record, overtaking the six each shared by Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly. He is one of the three batsmen to have shared seven double century partnerships - the first two being Ricky Ponting and Upul Tharanga.
- Rohit Sharma (1027 at an average of 68.46 in 19 games) has become the third Indian batsman to amass 1,000 runs or more vs Australia in ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar (3077) and Mahendra Singh Dhoni (1187).
- Rohit's tally of 37 sixes is a new Indian record vs Australia, surpassing the 35 by Sachin Tendulkar.
- Rohit took his tally of sixes to 105 and became the seventh Indian batsman to complete a century of sixes in ODIs.
- Rohit became the fourth player to record the feat of posting four innings of 150 in ODIs. He has joined Sachin Tendulkar (5), Sanath Jayasuriya (4) and Chris Gayle (4).
- Rohit (171 not out off 163 balls) has recorded his fourth century vs Australia, emulating VVS Laxman's tally vs Australia. Only Sachin Tendulkar has registered more hundreds (nine) vs Australia than Rohit and Laxman.
- Rohit's first three centuries vs Australia were - 209 at Bangalore on November 2, 2013; 141 not out at Jaipur on October 16, 2013 and 138 at Melbourne on January 18, 2015.
- Rohit Sharma, with his unbeaten 171, has set a record for the highest individual innings by a batsman vs Australia in Australia in ODIs, eclipsing the 153 not out by Vivian Richards for West Indies at Melbourne on December 9, 1979. Rohit's innings is the second highest by a batsman at WACA, Perth next only to the 178 by David Warner for Australia vs Afghanistan in a World Cup fixture on March 4, 2015.
- VVS Laxman and Rohit, with three centuries each, share an Indian record for most centuries in ODIs in Australia.
- Twelve innings of 150 or more have been recorded in a losing cause in ODIs. Rohit Sharma and Tillakaratne Dilshan have registered two such innings.
- Australia have won three ODIs and lost one out of four played against India at WACA, Perth.
- Australia's impressive score of 310 for five is the highest successful chase at Perth. The said total is the third highest successful chase in ODIs in Australia.
- The highest two successful chases in ODIs on Australian soil are 334 for eight by Australia vs England at Sydney on February 2, 2011 and 321 for three by India vs Sri Lanka at Hobart on February 28, 2012.
- India's exellent score of 309 for three is their highest vs Australia in ODIs in Australia, bettering the 303 for four at Brisbane on January 18, 2004.
- The Perth ODI has amassed 77.37 runs per wicket - the fourth highest in an ODI in Australia - the best ever is 220.50 between Pakistan and West Indies at Melbourne on February 23, 1992.
- Two partnerships 200 or more have been registered for the first time in the same ODI - 207 (2nd) between Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma for India and 242 (3rd) between George Bailey and Steven Smith for Australia.
- The 207-run stand is India's highest for the second wicket vs Australia and the second highest for any wicket vs Australia next only to the 213 for the fourth wicket between Laxman and Yuvraj at Sydney on January 22, 2004.
- The match-winning 242-run stand is Australia's highest for the third wicket in ODIs, eclipsing the 234 (unbroken) for the the third wicket between Ricky Ponting and Damien Martyn vs India at Johannesburg on March 23, 2003. The said partnership is Australia's highest for any wicket against India apart from the highest by any pair in India-Australia ODIs.
- Steven Smith has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the second time vs India - his sixth award in ODIs.
- Smith's record against India is outstanding, as he is averaging 100.33 while aggregating 301 in three innings. He has posted back to back hundreds vs India - 105 at Sydney on March 26, 2015 and 149 (a career-best) at Perth on January 12, 2016.
- Smith's second century vs India is his fifth in ODIs. Australia have produces wins in all five ODIs when Smith has posted a hundred. His splendid 149 is the highest score by a captain in ODIs at Perth, obliterating the 116 by Adam Gilchrist vs Sri Lanka on January 29, 2006. Ricky Ponting is the only other captain to post a hundred at Perth - 111 vs New Zealand on January 28, 2007.
- Smith's match-winning knock is the third highest by an Australian captain in ODIs - the top two innings being 164 by Ricky Ponting vs South Africa at Johannesburg on March 12 2006 and 156 by George Bailey vs India at Nagpur on October 30, 2013.
- George Bailey's second century vs India is his third in ODIs. Against India, Bailey is averaging 85.00 - 595 in eight innings.
- Barinder Sran is the fifth Indian bowler to capture three wickets while opening the bowling in ODIs, joining Chetan Sharma, Bhupinder Singh senior, Zaheer Khan, Tinu Yohannan.
First Published On : Jan 13, 2016 18:03 IST