Adelaide: Statistical highlights of the first T20I match between India and Australia in Adelaide on Tuesday..
- Virat Kohli is the first Indian batsman and the ninth overall to record ten fifty-plus innings in T20Is. Rohit Sharma and Yuvraj Singh have recorded eight fifties each for India.
-Brendon McCullum, with 15 innings of fifty-plus (2 centuries and 13 fifties), holds a world record in T20Is
- Kohli's superb knock is the highest score by any player in T20Is between Australia and India, eclipsing the 89 by Aaron Finch for Australia at Rajkot on 10 October 2013.
- Suresh Raina (41 off 34 balls) has posted his highest score vs Australia in T20Is, eclipsing the 26 at Colombo (RPS) on 28 September 2012.
- Since posting 45 vs South Africa at Colombo (RPS) on 2 October 2012, the above innings is Suresh's highest in 13 innings in T20Is.
- Raina became the second Indian player to aggregate 1,000 runs in T20Is - his tally is 1024 (ave.32.00) in 47 matches. The first to accomplish the feat was Virat Kohli -1106 (ave.48.08) in 31 matches.
- Virat and Suresh were associated in a partnership of 134 - India's highest stand for the third wicket in T20Is, surpassing the 88 between Raina and Yuvraj vs South Africa at Gros Islet on 2 May 2010.
- The above partnership is India's third highest for any wicket in T20Is. Their highest stand is 138 for the second wicket between Virat and Rohit Sharma for the second wicket vs South Afica at Dharamsala on 2 October 2015.
- The 134-run stand is the highest for any wicket in India-Australia T20Is. Six century partnerships have been recorded for India in T20Is. The said partnership is the second highest by any pair vs Australia next only to the 135 for the third wicket between Eoin Morgan and Moeen Ali for England at Cardiff on 31 August 2015.
- India have won six and lost four out of 10 T20Is vs Australia with a success rate of 60 percent.
- Rohit Sharma (31 off 20 balls) has registered his highest score in Twenty20 Internationals in Australia - his second highest vs Australia next only to an unbeaten 79 at Bridgetown on 7 May 2010.
- Virat Kohli (90 not out off 55 balls) has recorded his career-best score in T20Is, surpassing the 78 not out vs Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) on 3 September 2012.
- Kohli's match-winning knock is the third highest by an Indian batsman in T20Is next only to the 106 off 66 balls by Rohit Sharma at Dharamsala on 2 October 2015 and 101 off 60 balls by Suresh Raina at Gros Islet on 2 May 2010 - both vs South Africa.
- Kohli has got his fourth Man of the Match award in T20Is - his first vs Australia.
- Kohli's international record (Tests/ODIs/T20Is) at Adelaide is outstanding, amssing 624, including four hundreds and a fifty, at an average of 89.14.
- Ravindra Jadeja (2/21) has produced his best bowling figures vs Australia in T20Is, surpassing the 1 for 16 at Melbourne on 3 February 2012. The said figures are his second best in T20Is behind the 3 for 48 vs West Indies at Dhaka on 23 March 2014.
- Hasprit Bumrah's excellent figures of 3 for 23 are the fourth best by an Indian bowler in T20Is - the top three bowlers being Pragyan Ojha (4/21) vs Bangladesh at Nottingham on 6-6-2009, Bhuvneshwar Kumar (3/9) vs Pakistan at Bangalore on 25-12-2012 and Axar Patel (3/17) vs Zimbabwe at Harare on 17-7-2015 - Ravichandran Ashwin, with 31 wickets at 26.12 runs apiece in 29 matches, is the leading wicket-taker for India in T20Is, extending his record.