A quick look at some amazing IPL statistics
- 3778 wickets have fallen in IPL till date.
- Chris Gayle's haul of 733 runs in 2012 was the most by any batsman in a single edition.
- The first double-century partnership in IPL came when Adam Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh put up 206 runs for Kings XI Punjab against Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2011.
- Guess who has the highest batting strike-rate (at least 100 balls faced)? Virender Sehwag with 167.31
- Sohail Tanvir's 6/14 for Rajasthan Royals in 2008 are still the best bowling figures in the IPL.
- Rajasthan Royals' 58 in 2009 is the lowest total in IPL.
- But the Royals accomplished the highest successful chase in the IPL — scoring 217/7 to beat Deccan Chargers in 2008.
- Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina, with 42 catches each, are the top fielders in the tournament.
- Paul Valthaty slammed 19 fours on his way to an unbeaten 120 against Chennai Super Kings in 2011. It's the maximum by a batsman in a single innings in the IPL.
- RCB's run of seven wins in a row in 2011 is unbeaten.
Published Date: Apr 01, 2013 15:49 PM | Updated Date: Apr 01, 2013 22:12 PM