Kolkata: Statistical highlights of the IPL match between Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders here.
- Suresh Raina (65 off 52 balls) posted his highest score in the IPL 2014 - his third fifty in the present tournament.
- Raina, with 3162 (ave.35.13) runs in 111 matches including a hundred and 21 fifties, is the top run-getter in the IPL, extending his record.
- Raina has hit 126 sixes -- the second highest in the IPL, next only to Chris Gayle's 192. With 457 runs (ave.41.54) in 12 innings, including four fifties, he has set a record for most runs against Kolkata by a batsman in the IPL, outstripping Mahela Jayawardene's tally of 451 runs in 12 innings.
- Robin Uthappa became the first batsman to post 40 or more in seven consecutive innings in the IPL. Matthew Hayden (2009), Virender Sehwag (2012) and Michael Hussey (2013) have accomplished the feat five times each.
- Robin Uthappa's 67 off 39 balls is his fourth fifty in the IPL 2014 - his twelfth in the IPL. His tally of 489 (ave. 40.75) in twelve innings is the most by an Indian player in the present competition. The said tally is his best in an IPL season.
- Uthappa has received his third MOM award in the IPL.
- Kolkata's eight-wicket triumph is their biggest against Chennai in the IPL.
- Kolkata have won five games in succession in the IPL 2014 -- one each against Delhi, Punjab, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai.
- Between April 18, 2012 and May 7, 2012, they had won six in succession -- their best winning streak in the event.
- Kolkata have won five and lost nine out of 14 played against Chennai in the IPL -- success rate 35.71 per cent.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, despite being without a fifty, is averaging 44.60 -- the best by a Chennai player in the IPL 2014. His tally is 223 in 12 innings (seven times not out)
- Sunil Narine, with 16 wickets at 18.25 runs apiece in twelve matches, is the top wicket-taker for Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL 2014.
- Suresh Raina hit four sixes off Sunil Narine -- the most recorded by a batsman against Narine in the IPL.
- Shakib Al Hasan recorded an unbeaten 46 off 21 balls -- his strike rate of 219.04 is the highest by a Kolkata batsman against Chennai in the IPL (minimum 25 runs).
Published Date: May 21, 2014 01:00 pm | Updated Date: May 21, 2014 01:00 pm