India vs England: No threat to the series, says ECB spokesperson - Firstpost
Firstpost

India vs England: No threat to the series, says ECB spokesperson

#Ajay Shirke   #BCCI   #Cricket   #ECB   #England   #England in India 2016   #India   #Lodha Panel   #Sports  


By

The upcoming Test series between India and England, starting next week, is very much on and there was no threat to the contest due to any financial constraints of the BCCI, an ECB spokesman assured on Friday.

It had been reported that BCCI Secretary Ajay Shirke has written a letter to England and Wales Cricket Board, asking the ECB to arrange for the expenses of its players in India since the Indian Board cannot carry out financial transactions.

File photo of England Test captain Alastair Cook. AFP

File photo of England Test captain Alastair Cook. AFP

"We are already in India, there is no change to any plans and we are looking forward to the series against India," an ECB spokesperson told PTI.

Shirke had approached the Lodha Panel, seeking directions since the home Board makes all the arrangements and payments for the visiting team during a bilateral series.

The Supreme Court appointed Lodha Committee had replied that the proposed MoU between the ECB and the BCCI is not a part of the mandate and no directions can be issued on payments unless details are furnished.

The Lodha Panel also stated that as far as payments are concerned, if they are to be made directly by the BCCI, no directions can be given by the Committee until relevant details are furnished by the BCCI.

First Published On : Nov 4, 2016 20:55 IST

Comment using Disqus

Show Comments