New Delhi: Statistical highlights of the fourth day in the second cricket Test between India and England, in Visakhapatnam on Sunday.
- Virat Kohli's tally of 248 runs (167+81) is the fourth highest by an Indian captain in a Test match - the top three being Sunil Gavaskar (289 - 107+182 not out) at Kolkata; 278 (205+73) at Mumbai - both vs West Indies in 1978-79 and Virat Kohli's 256 (115+141) vs Australia at Adelaide in 2014-15.
- Umesh Yadav's first duck vs England is his fourth in Tests. He has registered his first duck in 13 innings under Virat Kohli's captaincy.
- Alastair Cook has taken 171 balls to reach his fifty -his slowest half-century in Tests, eclipsing the 164-ball fifty (twice) - in the course of his 50 off 165 balls vs Australia at Trent Bridge, Nottingham in 2013 and 94 off 278 balls vs Sri Lanka at P Sara Oval, Colombo in 2012.
- Cook's eighth fifty vs India is his 53rd in Tests.
- Cook's batting record in Tests in India is quite impressive - his tally being 1073 (ave.59.61) in 10 Tests, including five centuries and four fifties.
- Cook's tally of 14 fifties (six centuries and eight fifties) is a new record for most fifty-plus innings for England vs India in Tests, bettering the 13 (five hundreds + eight fifties) by Graham Gooch.
- Cook has posted 11 fifty-plus innings (2 centuries + 9 fifties) in the fourth innings, emulating an England record, held by Mike Atherton (2 centuries + 9 fifties). Just four batsmen have recorded more fifty-plus innings in the fourth innings - West Indians, Shivnarine Chanderpaul (13) and Chris Gayle (13), South Africa's Graeme Smith (13) & India's Sunil Gavaskar (12).
- Stuart Broad (4/33) has recorded his best bowling figures in a Test innings in 16 Tests in Asia, eclipsing the 4 for 36 vs Pakistan at Dubai (DSC) in February 2012.
- Besides the above, Broad's only other four-wicket instance in Tests in the subcontinent is 4 for 47 vs Pakistan at Abu Dhabi in January 2012.
- Ravichandran Ashwin's tally of 53 wickets (ave.22.62) in nine Tests is the second highest by a bowler in Tests this year behind the 54 (ave.17.53) in eight Tests by Rangana Herath.
- Adil Rashid's excellent bowling performance is best vs India in Tests, eclipsing the 4 for 114 at Rajkot in the first Test of the current series.
- Haseeb Hameed (25 off 144 balls) became the fourth opening batsman to face 100 balls or more in the fourth innings before attaining the age of 20, joining Pakistan's Zahid Fazal (18 years 53 days), Bangladesh's Nafees Iqbal (19 years 75 days) and Archie Jackson (19 years 149 days).
Published Date: Nov 20, 2016 08:50 pm | Updated Date: Nov 20, 2016 08:50 pm