Rajkot: Statistical highlights of the fourth day's play of the first cricket Test between India and England in Rajkot on Saturday.
- Virat Kohli is the 20th Indian batsman to be dismissed hit wicket in Tests.
- Mohinder Amarnath remains the only Indian batsman to be dismissed in this fashion more than once - three times - twice vs Pakistan and once vs Australia.
- Kohli became the second Indian captain to be dismissed 'hit wicket' in Tests. Lala Amarnath (13 vs West Indies at Chennai in January 1949) was the first to earn this unwanted feat.
- Kohli became the fifth Indian batsman to record this against England.
- Kohli became the first Indian player to be dismissed hit wicket vs England in both the formats - Tests as well as ODIs.
- Nayan Mongia is the only other Indian player to be dismissed hit wicket in Tests as well as in ODIs.
- The last Indian player to be dismissed hit wicket before Kohli was VVS Laxman - vs West Indies at St.John's in May 2002.
- Alastair Cook has shared four century stands for the opening wicket for England vs India in India - twice with Nick Compton and once each with Andrew Strauss and Hameed.
- Cook is the first overseas opener to figure in four century stands vs India in India, followed by Matthew Hayden (three).
- After four years India have conceded a first innings lead in Tests in India - the last occasion being against England at Nagpur in December 2012. In response to England's total of 330, India had declared at 326 for nine wickets.
- Kohli's record vs England is mediocre - 362 runs in 18 innings at an average of 21.29).
- Adil Rashid (4/114) has registered his third instance of four or more wickets in an innings in Tests - the first two were 5 for 64 vs Pakistan at Abu Dhabi in October 2015 and 4 for 52 vs Bangladesh at Dhaka in October 2016.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has produced batting average of 52.37 in seven Tests (11 innings) vs England - his aggregate being 419, including three fifties.
- Ashwin's above average is the second highest against a side behind the 56.66 vs West Indies.
First Published On : Nov 12, 2016 21:24 IST