Mirpur: Statistical highlights of the T20 match between India and Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup cricket tournament.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni (35 catches + 17 stumpings in 61 matches) became the second wicketkeeper after Pakistan's Kamran Akmal to effect 50 dismissals or more in all three formats of International cricket - Tests, ODIs and T20Is
- Dhoni became the first player to complete 200 sixes as captain in 315 innings in International cricket - the next best being 171 in 376 innings by Ricky Ponting.
- Dhoni's winning per cent of 58.47 as captain is quite impressive - 34 victories, 24 losses, one tied and one no-result match out of 60 matches in T20Is.
- Dhoni's strike rate of 244.44 in the tournament is superb - 22 runs off nine balls without being dismissed in three matches.
- India enjoys an excellent record vs Sri Lanka, winning six and losing four out of ten matches contested in T20Is -success percent 60.00.
- India became the first side to register victories in all three matches in the present tournament - by 45 runs vs Bangladesh on 24 February, by 5 wickets vs Pakistan on 27 February and by 5 wickets vs Sri Lanka on 1 March.
- UAE, had won all three matches in the qualifying group.
- For the first time vs Sri Lanka, India have won three matches in a row in T20Is - by 69 runs at Ranchi on 12 February, 2016, by 9 wickets at Visakhapatam on 14 February and by 5 wickets at Dhaka on 1 March.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan's performance this year is mediocre in T20Is, averaging 12.28 - his worst in a calendar year (minimum three matches). Since recording 52 vs West Indies at Colombo (RPS) on 11 November, 2015, he has totalled just 86 runs in seven innings - the scores being 0, 28, 0, 1, 27, 12 & 18.
- Sri Lanka have managed 47 for the loss of three wickets in the first ten overs - their second lowest when batting first after ten overs. They had scored 43 for seven vs Australia in the ICC World Twenty20 at Cape Town on 20 September 2007.
- Kohli's superb unbeaten 56 off 47 balls is his third fifty in as many innings vs Sri Lanka.
- Kohli's aforesaid innings is his 13th fifty in T20Is. Just two players have recorded more fifty-plus innings than Kohli - Brendon McCullum (15) and Chris Gayle (14).
- Against Sri Lanka, Kohli enjoys brilliant record, averaging 100.50 in T20Is - the third highest by a batsman against a side next only to the 130.50 by New Zealand's Brendon McCullum vs India and Martin Guptill's 118.50 vs Zimbabwe (minimum 200 runs against a team).
- Virat Kohli's superb batting average of 93.16 in successful chases in T20Is is without parallel - his aggregate being 559 in twelve innings, including six fifties. (minimum 400 runs).
- In T20Is this year, Kohli is averaging 103.66 - his aggregate being 311 in six innings, including four fifties -the scores being 90 not out followed by 59 not out & 50 vs Australia, 7 vs Bangladesh, 49 vs Pakistan and 56 not out vs Sri Lanka.
- Kohli has received his seventh Man of the Match award in T20Is - his first vs Sri Lanka. Yuvraj Singh and Kohli share an Indian record for most MOM awards (seven) in T20Is.
- The average opening stand in the present Asia Cup since 24 February has been 13.28 - the aggregate being 186 in fourteen innings, with just one partnership of 50 - 68 between Dinesh Chandimal and Tillakaratne Dilshan for SL vs UAE at Dhaka on 25 February.
First Published On : Mar 2, 2016 17:26 IST