On Tuesday, amid opposition attack, Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked the people to directly convey their views to him on demonetisation via his App.
He asked the public to participate in a survey where a number of questions have been posed with regard to scrapping of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes.
"I want your first-hand view on the decision taken regarding currency notes. Take part in the survey on the NM App," he said in a tweet.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 22, 2016
Modi posed questions like, "Do you have any suggestions/ideas or insights you would like to share with PM Narendra Modi?"
Some of the other questions asked include, "Do you think black money exists in India. Do you think the evil of corruption and black money need to be fought and eliminated. What do you think of government's move of banning old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes."
Modi's move to gauge the views of the people comes at a time when the opposition has escalated its attack on the issue of demonetisation.
On Tuesday, Opposition parties joined hands to stall pre-noon proceedings in Rajya Sabha demanding Rs 10 lakh compensation to the kin of each of the 70 persons who lost their lives post demonetisation and Modi's presence during the debate on the issue.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi also pointed out Modi's absence in the Parliament saying, "PM can speak on TV, pop concert, but why not in the Parliament?"
Here are the ten questions he is asking on his app:
- Do you think that black money exists in India?
- Do you think the evil of corruption and black money needs to be fought and eliminated?
- Overall, what do you think about the government's moves to tackle black money?
- What do you think of the Modi government's efforts against corruption so far?
- What do you think of the Modi government's move of banning old Rs. 500 & Rs. 1000 notes?
- Do you think demonetization will help in curbing black money, corruption & terrorism?
- Demonetization will bring real estate, higher education, healthcare in common man's reach.
- Did you mind the inconvenience faced in our fight to curb corruption, black money, terrorism and counterfeiting of currency?
- Do you believe some anti-corruption activists are now actually fighting in support of black money, corruption & terrorism?
- Do you have any suggestions, ideas or insights you would like to share with PM Narendra Modi?
With inputs from PTI
Published Date: Nov 22, 2016 01:08 pm | Updated Date: Nov 22, 2016 02:44 pm