A major fire has broken out near Manish Market in South Mumbai, with television reports saying sixteen fire tenders have been rushed to the spot.
Initial reports coming say that the fire had broken out at the Yara and Amna Markets, which are situated behind Manish market near the CST station. The two places are famous for selling perfumes and electronic goods.Later reports say it was a godown that had caught fire.
The cause of the fire is believed to be a short circuit.
In June this year, a major fire had broken out in Crawford market causing major loss of property, however, then there weren't any casualties. Separately, in November last year, another fire broke out which gutted Manish Market and Sahara markets completely.
more in India