Chances are that your boss won’t give you a week’s leave for Raksha Bandhan and your home town isn’t a day’s journey away. Also, chances are that no matter how many times your brother had been a total jerk, tattled to your mother about you or made fun of your dress, glasses, friends or curls, you tend to miss him, especially at this time of the year when the shops at Crawford market are lined with colourful and various types of Rakhis.
You tend to recall all the bygone years when you were actually there to celebrate Raksha Bandhan with him and your family and remember many little anecdotes from the past when, he hadn’t been that annoying and pestering. And you feel like catching a train and going home right at this moment. Well, if you are good at making excuses call in sick and head towards the station. But if you aren’t that great at it and have a sneaky suspicion that your boss might find some uncanny association between your falling sick and Raksha Bandhan, it doesn’t mean you still can’t send him a Rakhi.
Infact, there are a host of websites that offer Rakhis online and will deliver it on your behalf. IndiaPlaza. com, RakhiGiftPortal.com, Jabong.com are some sites which offer you plethora choices. Websites such as makemygiftz and archiesOnline.com are a good choice to pick out a rakhi gift for your brother.
Several courier services such as DTDC and DHL-Blue Dart have also launched various schemes especially for Raksha Bandhan. DTDC have introduced various rakhi boxes to deliver rakhis and Bluedart- DHL has come up with a unique ‘Rakhi Express’ which will allow you to send your Rakhis in a special Rakhi envelope with a personalized greeting card.
Times of India reported that the postal department of Allahabad region had also organised designer water-proof envelope to send your Rakhis.
Now, that you know some how to send a Rakhi, here are some unique kind of Rakhis to chose from:
1. Batman Rakhis : If your brother is a The Dark Knight Rises fan, here is what, buy him a Batman Rakhi. It available for Rs 25 only.
2. Angry Bird Rakhis: These kind of rakhis are becoming increasingly popular.The price range is between 15-50.
3. Musical rakhis: If your brother likes Bollywood music there are musical rakhis which play tunes of popular Hindi songs.
4. Feng Shui rakhis : Want your Rakhi to bring your brother good luck? Send him a Laughing Buddhas rakhi or a dragons rakhi.
5. Boutique Rakhis: Well, if you can spare a little more you can buy rakhis studded with pearls and crystals studded rakhis from boutiques.