by FP Staff Jan 15, 2013 13:13 IST
New Delhi: As the juvenile justice board tries to determine the age of the sixth accused in the brutal Delhi gangrape-murder case, his family in Badaun in western Uttar Pradesh is shocked to know that he is still alive. The accused had left home five years ago and had been untraceable since then. His family now says he should be punished if found guilty.
His mother said, "If he is found guilty, then he should be punished. Or else, he should return home."
The eldest of six children, the accused left Bhawanipur when he was only 11 years old. Since then the family has not heard from him. "He went with his uncle to Delhi to find work," said one of his neighbours.
From working at roadside dhabas to rag-picking to finally a bus cleaner cum conductor, the 17-year-old accused had no permanent job or address in Delhi.
South Delhi DCP Chhaya Sharma said, "He was liked by employers for his style of soliciting. Hence, he kept getting jobs which he frequently shifted till he was employed by a travel company in Karkardooma and others."
He was apprehended by the police from Anand Vihar bus terminus and handed him over to the juvenile justice board. The 17-year-old accused is the youngest and allegedly the most brutal assaulter in this case.
more in Delhi