The death toll in one of the worst rail disasters in the country that took place when the Patna-Indore Express derailed near Kanpur, rose to 133 on Monday, officials said, as rescue operations were declared over.
However, the toll could still rise as some passengers were in critical condition. So far, 58 victims have been identified.
Over 150 people were injured in the tragedy that occurred on Sunday when 14 coaches of the train ran off the rails near Pukhrayan station, about 60 km from Kanpur city.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Sunday night visited the hospitals where the injured were being treated.
"High-level orders are being given to probe the accident," Prabhu said, adding the Railway Ministry has collaborated with the Uttar Pradesh government to provide all necessary help.
Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha was also there at the accident site.
He had ordered officials to increase the pace of relief operations and better treatment to the injured.
"Strict actions will be taken against those responsible for the disaster," Sinha added.
While the cause of the derailment is yet to be ascertained, Sinha had earlier said that the accident could have been caused due to rail fracture.
The worst hit were the sleeper coaches S1, S2, S3 and S4.
This was the worst train accident in the country after the May 2010 disaster in West Bengal involving Gyaneshwari Express in which some 170 people were killed.
With inputs from agencies