Pakistan has summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh after two civilians were killed in alleged ceasefire violations across the Line of Control by Indian troops.
Director General (SA and SAARC) Mohammad Faisal who summoned the Deputy High Commissioner "condemned unprovoked ceasefire violations".
Foreign Office (FO) said in a statement that firing by Indian troops in Nikial and Nezapir sectors on Wednesday killed two civilians and inured five others.
"The deliberate targeting of civilians is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity and international human rights and humanitarian laws," Faisal said.
He urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 ceasefire arrangement; investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations; instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC.
Faisal said that the Indian side should permit United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the UN Security Council resolutions and alleged that despite calls for restraint, India continues to indulge in ceasefire violations.
Indian forces have carried out 594 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the Working Boundary so far in 2017, the Director General claimed.
On Wednesday, Pakistan summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner Singh after two civilians were killed and six others injured in alleged ceasefire violations along the Line of Control by Indian troops.
The Pakistani foreign ministry previously summoned the Indian envoy for two consecutive days on 8 and 9 July , over the same issue, claiming that more civilians were killed in firing by Indian troops.
Published Date: Jul 20, 2017 15:41 PM | Updated Date: Jul 20, 2017 15:46 PM