Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): An NIA team on Tuesday reached Hazaribagh to examine the circumstances behind the 17 April Ram Navami violence and the subsequent bomb blast at Habibinagar Colony that killed six persons and injured two.
Officials of the team visited the place soon after arrival and would like to stay in Hazaribagh in connection with the inquiry, Superintendent of Police, Akhilesh Kumar Jha, said.
Senior BJP leader and former External Affairs minister Yashwant Sinha had on 21 April demanded an NIA probe into the blast.
Meanwhile, another person was arrested on Tuesday at Marhetta under Hazaribagh Mufassil police station area after the police came to know that he was also injured in the blast and now under treatment at his in-laws' place, Jha said.
He has since been shifted to Hazaribagh Sadar Hospital, the police officer said.
Sinha added that interrogation of the accused was on to ascertain how many people were involved in the making of the bomb that resulted in the blast.
Earlier, the police got information from one of the injured persons and accused that seven persons had allegedly been involved in the bomb making when the blast took place and that the dead were buried.
Subsequently, the police moved the court and exhumed five bodies on Monday.
After autopsy, the bodies were again buried here today in the presence of their relatives, the police said.
The 17 April violence during Ram Navami procession had led imposition of curfew in Hazaribagh town and its surrounding areas for a week.
Altogether six persons had been killed and two others were injured in the bomb blast, the SP said. One body was recovered on 20 April.
Both the injured have been arrested and being treated for their wounds.
First Published On : Apr 26, 2016 22:29 IST