- An initial Comptroller and Auditor General report estimating an Rs. 10.67 lakh crore loss to the exchequer on account of allotment of coal blocks during 2004 to 2009 without auction created ripples in the Parliament today and was described as “exceedingly misleading” by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India himself.
On the other hand, in our bulletin- you can listen to Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy saying that the entire govt is involved in the issue.
In this file photo, President Patil administers the oath to Mukul Roy as new Railway Minister. Reuters
- We have a clip of new Railway Minister Mukul Roy, who announced the rollback in his reply on the Rail Budget in Parliament.
But in response to the proceedings, Dinesh Trivedi said he would not make any changes to his original budget if given an opportunity to present it again.
- The UN Human Rights Council passed a resolution on Thursday urging Sri Lanka to "credibly investigate" allegations of violations during the war against Tamil Tiger separatists in 2009. India voted against Sri Lanka on the resolution after pressure from political parties like the DMK and AIADMK on the issue.
- After the reported quarrel between the Bhattacharya couple, Norwegian child welfare services have now said they will talk to the parents and uncle before deciding the future course of action and until then the two children, Abhigyan and Aishwarya, will remain in foster care. CNNIBN was speaking to their grandfather and we have an excerpt of the interview in the bulletin.
- In world news, the French interior minister says the suspect in a three-attack killing spree has died after jumping from his apartment window with a gun in his hand. The suspect, who claims links to al-Qaida, jumped after police entered the apartment.
- In sport, star drag-flicker Sandeep Singh feels a tough group in the upcoming Games will only motivate the team to come out with a positive intent. India has been placed alongside former Olympic champions Germany, Netherlands, Korea, New Zealand and Belgium.
- In the EPL, Carlos Tevez made a dramatic return to Manchester City, assisting the winning goal for Samir Nasri as the challengers beat beat Chelsea 2-1.
- Finally, Microsoft, is all set to incorporate launch it’s new version of Windows with Retina Display going head to head with Apple to see who can create the best screen in this generations gadgets.
Published Date: Mar 22, 2012 07:19 pm
| Updated Date: Mar 22, 2012 07:19 pm