- In the top stories, it's all related to the IPL today. RCB player Luke Pomersbach has been accused by a woman of molesting her. The cricketer was arrested today but has been granted interim bail till tomorrow.
And...within hours of first saying he had no clue what happened regarding the allegations, Sidhartha Mallya took to Twitter to defend his team’s player and speak about the victim’s character.
In spite of saying that RCB regret the incident and will co-operate with the relevant authorities, he also tweeted that the girl was all over him the previous night and asked for his bbm pin, while not exactly behaving like a future wife.
- The Shah Rukh Khan versus Mumbai Cricket Association battle continues. This is regarding the his scuffle with security officials on Wednesday night. The MCA have banned the Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner entering the Wankhede Stadium for five years.
You can take a look at the war of words in our video.
- Three months after they allegedly shot dead two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast, police filed a charge sheet against two Italian marines in a court here charging them with murder under IPC and also invoking the International Maritime Law.
The marines, Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone on board the Italian ship ‘Enrica Lexie’ when the incident occurred on 15 February, are listed as the first and second accused respectively in the 196-page charge sheet.
- Facebook is set to raise up to $18.4 billion in its initial public offering (IPO) and become the first US company to be worth more than $100 billion at its debut, as investors bet on a big pop in the stock when it begins trading on the Nasdaq on today.
- State Bank of India (SBI), the country's biggest lender, beat market expectations with a sharp rise in its fourth-quarter net profit. SBI, in which the government is a majority shareholder reported a forecast beating net profit of Rs 4,050 crore for the fourth quarter (Jan-March) of FY12 as against Rs 21 crore a year ago.
- Mary Kom has defied the odds by becoming the only Indian woman boxer to qualify for the London Olympics despite being on the sidelines after losing in the quarterfinals of the World Championships.