Kolkata: Six students were electrocuted during the Independence Day celebrations at a primary school in West Bengal on Tuesday, police said.
Six students of GD Siksha Kendra Primary School in Murshidabad district's Aurangabad got electrocuted and one of them is in critical condition, the officer in-charge of Suti police station told IANS.
The accident happened when a low tension electric supply line allegedly came in contact with the iron rod of the National Flag while the Tricolour was being unfurled. The students were taken to a hospital.
According to reports, out of the six students, four have been admitted to the Jangipur Sub-divisional Hospital while one has been referred to the Berhampore Medical College in Murshidabad in critical condition, the officer added.
"The other student has been released after first aid."
The Independence Day celebrations at the school were temporarily halted following the incident.
Published Date: Aug 15, 2017 19:02 PM | Updated Date: Aug 15, 2017 19:02 PM