Home Ministry site not hacked, blocked due to repair work, says official

New Delhi: The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) website has not been hacked and it is blocked due to repair work, an MHA official confirmed on Sunday.

"There has been no hacking. The site is under construction, that is why it's down," he said.

The Home Ministry website remained inaccessible throughout Sunday morning, which was subsequently attributed to a hacking in many news reports.

Last month, suspected Pakistan-affiliated operatives had hacked the official website of the elite National Security Guard (NSG) and defaced it with a profanity-laden message against the Prime Minister and anti-India content.

More than 700 websites of various central and state government departments were hacked in the past four years and a total of 8,348 persons were arrested for their involvement in cyber crimes, according to official data released this month.

 


Published Date: Feb 12, 2017 03:41 pm | Updated Date: Feb 12, 2017 04:15 pm


Also See