Lucknow: As ban on Maggi noodle continues, food safety regulator FSSAI on Tuesday seized 20,000 kg of the instant noodle from a warehouse on outskirts of the city, a senior Uttar Pradesh Food Safety and Drug Authority official said.
Nestle India, however said in a statement that the "20,000 kg of noodles being mentioned in the media reports is not meant for sale and was awaiting onward transportation to the incineration centre".
The central drug officer of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday seized 200 quintals from a company owned godown in Banthara area, Additional Food Commissioner (Administration) Ram Araj Maurya said.
He, however, said that further details could be revealed only by central authorities.
Nestle said, "As part of the recall procedure and standard operating process, Nestle India has been collecting stocks being returned from the market as well as customers, on a regular basis for over two months."
These are being stored at various godowns before sending to cement factories for high temperature thermal destruction, the company added.
Last week, one more sample of the instant noodle had failed laboratory test in the city, according to a senior UP FDA official.
"A sample which was taken from Deoria has failed the lab test," Additional Commissioner (Food) FDA Vijay Bahadur Yadav had said adding that more than 100 samples are being tested.
Published Date: Aug 11, 2015 09:34 pm | Updated Date: Aug 11, 2015 09:34 pm