A fire broke out early on Tuesday in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) at Raisina Hills in New Delhi, according to media reports. There were no reports of injuries.
— News18 (@CNNnews18) October 17, 2017
The fire broke out in a room on the second floor of the PMO, NDTV reported. The situation is now under control after 10 fire engines were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, the report added.
The fire started at around 3.30 am in room number 242 in the PMO's Secretariat building in the South Block, which also houses the key ministries of defence and external affairs, as well as the office of the national security advisor, cabinet secretary and the foreign secretary, according to The Indian Express.
The Times of India reported that the cause of the fire was traced to a spark in a computer's UPS.
Published Date: Oct 17, 2017 09:23 am | Updated Date: Oct 17, 2017 09:23 am