The Delhi High Court was on high alert on Thursday after the Delhi Police received a call claiming that a bomb was placed on the court premises. The call was received by the control room around 11 am from a man who claimed to have planted bombs inside the court complex, police said.
The bomb squad was alerted and the court scanned. However, the call was found to be a hoax, they said. The police are on the lookout for the caller who has since switched off his phone.
ANI had reported that SWAT teams, fire tenders and a bomb squad had reached the court premises.
Delhi HC on high alert after Police received call about bomb threat; Police, SWAT teams, fire tenders & bomb squad at the spot. pic.twitter.com/vDltrgY3gT
— ANI (@ANI) August 17, 2017
Times Now had further reported that the commandos guarding the court had been put on alert in light of the call.
On Monday, amid intelligence alerts about possible terror attacks, security was beefed up in the national capital and around 47,000 security personnel were deployed ahead of Independence Day celebrations.
Officials said that anti-aircraft and anti-drone guns had been deployed in and around Red Fort. An additional 500 closed-circuit television and high-resolution cameras had been placed in and around Red Fort.
One of the officials had also said that after the killing of several top-rung militants in Jammu and Kashmir, there are reports that militant groups could be looking at carrying out terror attacks.
With inputs from PTI
Published Date: Aug 17, 2017 12:55 PM | Updated Date: Aug 17, 2017 13:32 PM