Charges have been framed against four people accused of killing 28-year-old Reuben Fernandez and 25-year-old Keenan Santos in October last year after they objected to misbehaviour with their women companions, CNN IBN reported.
Earlier an identification parade of the four accused in the murder of two youths who resisted eve-teasing was conducted in a city jail in which the eyewitnesses recognised the attackers, police said.
The accused were found to have links with politician Nitish Rane, Narayan Rane's son.
On 20 October, Reuben Fernandez (28) and Keenan Santos (25) were attacked by a group of four, after the duo objected to their acts of indecent behaviour against girls with whom they had gone on an outing. Keenan died on the spot, while Fernandez died in a hospital after a few days.
Santos and Fernandez, along with five others, including three girls, had gone to a restaurant to have dinner and watch a cricket match on a giant screen. After a while, they came out of the restaurant and were standing near a pan-shop when the incident had occurred.
"An executive magistrate was present during the parade. The result was positive as the witnesses have identified all the accused and this will strengthen our case, which is already watertight. The report by the executive magistrate will be now compiled and sent to court concerned," said deputy commissioner of police Pratap Dighavkar.
Published Date: Oct 23, 2012 15:19 PM | Updated Date: Oct 23, 2012 15:27 PM