A five-storey under construction building collapsed on Sarjapur road in Bengaluru's Kasavanahalli area leaving three people dead and many trapped in the debris, media reports said.
A News Minute report said that thre people have lost their lives so far and at least 15 others are trapped. The report further said that so far eight workers have been evacuated.
— ANI (@ANI) February 15, 2018
"Rescue operations are underway," a Deccan Chronicle report quoted Mayor Sampath Raj as saying. The mayor also said that the under-construction building had five floors while only three were sanctioned officially. The city police and National Disaster Relief Force personnel have rushed to the site for rescue operations, Karnataka State Emergency Operation Centre tweeted.
Kasavanahalli Building collapse, Bengaluru, #NDRF team with equipment rushing to the spot to assist @KarFireDept in search and rescue operation @KarnatakaVarthe @DDChandanaNews @DDChandanaNews — Revenue Secretary-DM (@SEOC_Karnataka) February 15, 2018
The Hindu reported that the Bellandur Police reported to the call and is currently aiding and supervising rescue operations. Eight fire tenders rushed to the spot, it said.
Kasavanahalli building collapse: @dcpwhitefield says that the building owners - Kunni Ahmed and Rafiq are from Kerala and are not in town. Six rescued persons have been admitted to a private hospital. @thenewsminute pic.twitter.com/xXtJmmYrQp — Theja Ram (@thejaram92) February 15, 2018
According to a Fire and Emergency Response Team official, a first responder vehicle had left the station at 4.25 pm, The News Minute reported. The report further said that the building had been under construction for six years, however, the work was halted for the last two years for unknown reasons.
Further details on the number of casualties and an official confirmation on number of people trapped is still awaited.
Published Date: Feb 15, 2018 19:07 PM | Updated Date: Feb 15, 2018 19:20 PM