Kabul: Two leaders of a terror outfit that organised a deadly suicide attack in Kabul in December last year, in which 80 people were killed, have been arrested, an official said Tuesday.
Lutfullah Mashal, spokesman for the National Directorate for Security, however, did not name the terrorists nor their outfit, Xinhua reported.
The suicide attack inside a Shia Muslim shrine in Kabul 6th Dec, 2011, killed 80 people, including women and children, and injured more than 150.
In a video footage, one of the arrested men admitted his involvement in planning the suicide attack and requested pardon from the government.
Attorney General Mohammad Ishaq Alko said both the men might be given the death penalty.