New Delhi: A fire broke out today in the first floor of the Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan in New Delhi, which houses office of the civil aviation ministry, but no one was injured and no files or records were damaged.
Representational image. Reuters
The fire broke out around 5am in one of the unoccupied rooms in the B-Wing of the first floor, possibly due to a short-circuit, ministry officials said.
Immediately, fire brigade was informed which rushed to the spot and doused the blaze.
“There were no injury or casualty and also all files and records are safe,” the ministry said in a statement.
An enquiry has been ordered to look into the causes of the fire and also to suggest preventive measures, the official said.
Firstpost encourages open discussion and debate, but please adhere to the rules below, before posting. Comments that are found to be in violation of any one or more of the guidelines will be automatically deleted:
Personal attacks/name calling will not be tolerated. This applies to comments directed at the author, other commenters and other politicians/public figures
Please do not post comments that target a specific community, caste, nationality or religion.
While you do not have to use your real name, any commenters using any Firstpost writer's name will be deleted, and the commenter banned from participating in any future discussions.
Comments will be moderated for abusive and offensive language.