Mumbai: A fire broke out in the topmost floor and the food court of Oberoi Mall in northwest Mumbai Wednesday, officials said. No casualties have been reported.
Screen grab from ibnlive
Preliminary reports indicated an electrical short circuiting as the cause for the fire.
“Six water tankers and five fire engines have been rushed to the spot,” an official from disaster control told IANS.
Oberoi Mall is one of the biggest malls in the western suburbs of Mumbai. The fire caused panic among the shop owners and mall authorities, who immediately evacuated the mall.
Firstpost encourages open discussion and debate, but please adhere to the rules below, before posting. Comments that are found to be in violation of any one or more of the guidelines will be automatically deleted:
Personal attacks/name calling will not be tolerated. This applies to comments directed at the author, other commenters and other politicians/public figures
Please do not post comments that target a specific community, caste, nationality or religion.
While you do not have to use your real name, any commenters using any Firstpost writer's name will be deleted, and the commenter banned from participating in any future discussions.
Comments will be moderated for abusive and offensive language.