Katni, Madhya Pradesh: A tiger was electrocuted after poachers allegedly laid live wires in Barhi forest area in Katni district close to Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve last night, a forest official said on Monday.
This is the third incident in the last six months in Katni district in which a tiger has been found electrocuted.
The carcass was found at a farm in Kua village under Barhi forest area located close to the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Barhi Forest Ranger Kapil Sharma told reporters.
"Live electricity wires were also recovered from near the carcass," he said adding that it appears that the animal was electrocuted by the poachers.
A case has been registered against three persons in this regard, but the ranger refused to share details about them.