Kanpur: Statistical highlights on day 5 of the first Test between India and New Zealand in Kanpur on Monday.
- Ravichandran Ashwin's figures of 6 for 132 are his fourth instance of five wickets or more in an innings vs New Zealand -- 19th overall in Tests.
- Ashwin enjoys an outstanding record vs New Zealand in Tests -- his tally being 28 at an average of 16.46 in 3 Tests.
- Ashwin's strike rate is 33.3 vs New Zealand in Tests.
- Ashwin has registered three six-wicket hauls vs New Zealand -- 6/31 & 6/54 at Hyderabad in 2012 and 6/132 in the just-concluded Kanpur Test. England's Derek Underwood had recorded five such instances against NZ in Tests.
- Ashwin has registered 10-wicket hauls in a Test match five times -- the joint second-most by an Indian bowler. Anil Kumble (8) holds an Indian record.
- Only two bowlers have produced more instances of five-wicket hauls after 37 Tests than Ashwin's tally of 19 --Sydney Barnes (24 in 27 Tests) & Clarrie Grimmett (21 in 37).
- Ashwin's home Test record is 136 (ave.21.04) in 20 Tests, including 14 instances of five-wicket hauls and four instances of 10 wickets or more in a Test match.
- Ravindra Jadeja (42 not out, 50 not out & 6/131 in the Test) got his third Man of the Match award in Tests. His earlier MoM awards were against Australia at Delhi in March 2013 and vs South Africa at Mohali in November 2015.
- Jadeja's best bowling performance in Indian wins being 5 for 21 vs South Africa at Mohali in November 2015.
- India's 197-run win is third largest in terms of runs over NZ in Tests -- the largest being by 272 runs at Auckland in March 1968 and 216 runs at Chennai in November 1976.
- India have appeared in 12 Tests in succession at home without losing between December 13, 2012 and September 26, 2016. India have won 10 and drawn the remaining two.
- Of the 32 Tests played vs New Zealand in India, India have won 14, lost two and drawn 16. At Green Park, Kanpur, India have won two and drawn one out of three Tests vs NZ.
- Mitchell Santner (71) has recorded a career-best score in Tests, eclipsing 45 vs Australia at Adelaide in Nov 2015.
- Luke Ronchi (80) has recorded his second fifty in Tests -- his highest is 88 on debut vs England at Leeds in 2015.
- Ronchi and Santner were associated in a partnership of 102 -- New Zealand's highest fifth-wicket partnership vs India at Green Park, Kanpur in Tests.
- Indian bowlers have dismissed 10 New Zealand batsmen LBW in Kanpur Test -- an Indian record, eclipsing 9 each vs Australia at Kolkata in March 2001, vs Bangladesh at Dhaka in December 2004 and vs South Africa at Kolkata in February 2010.
- Kanpur Test has produced 1193 runs -- fourth highest tally without a single hundred in a Test. The highest being 1272 between South Africa and England at Durban in 1927-28.
- Santner (32, 71 runs and 5 wickets) is the sixth New Zealand all-rounder to amass 100 runs and bag at least five wickets in a Test. Daniel Vettori has recorded the feat five times, followed by Chris Cairns (twice). Bevan Congdon, John Reid, Bruce Taylor achieved the feat once each.