Bengaluru: Statistical highlights on day three of the second cricket Test between India and Australia, in Bengaluru on Monday.
- Ravindra Jadeja's performance (6/63) is his second best in Tests behind 7 for 48 vs England at Chennai in 2016-17.
- Jadeja's figures are the second best by an Indian left-arm spinner vs Australia, next only to 7/98 by Bishan Singh Bedi at Kolkata in 1969-70.
- Jadeja's second five-wicket haul vs Australia is his seventh in Tests. His first five-wicket instance against them was 5 for 58 at Delhi in March 2013.
- Jadeja enjoys an impressive record vs Australia -- his tally being 35 at 17.74 runs apiece at a strike rate of 46.6 in six Tests.
- Matthew Wade's 40 is his second highest score vs India in Tests, next only to 62 at Hyderabad in March 2013.
- Nathan Lyon's third duck vs India (one each at Melbourne, Pune and Bangalore) is his eighth in Tests.
- KL Rahul, playing in his 15th Test, has completed his 1000 runs -- 1022 runs at an average of 40.88, including four hundreds and four fifties.
- Rahul, with 90 & 51, has achieved the distinction of scoring a fifty-plus in each innings of a Test match for the first time. With a fifty (64) in the Pune Test, he has scored three fifties in a Test series for the first time.
- Rahul became the third opening batsman to record 50-plus in each innings of a Test match at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore. West Indian Gordon Greenidge had posted 93 & 107 in 1974-75 and India's Ajay Jadeja 59 & 73 vs New Zealand in 1995-96.
- Rahul is the first batsman to manage 200 runs or more in the present series -- his tally being 215 (ave.53.75) in four innings.
- Virat Kohli has managed just 40 runs (ave.10.00) in four innings in the series -- his worst average in Tests, eclipsing the 13.40 (134 in 10 innings) vs England in England in 2014.
- Kohli's Test career average fell below 50 (49.90) with his performance in the current rubber.
- In six Tests vs Australia in India, Kohli is averaging 36.00 -- his tally being 324 in 10 innings, including a century and a fifty.
- Cheteshwar Pujara, since posting 73 at Adelaide in December 2014, has recorded his first fifty in nine innings against Australia -- 79 not out.
- Overall, Pujara has an excellent record against Australia -- his tally being 829 in 10 Tests at an average of 51.81, including a century and five fifties.
- Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane were associated in an unbroken stand of 93 for the fifth wicket -- the highest stand on either side in the current rubber, eclipsing the 82 for the first wicket between David Warner and Matt Renshaw at Pune.
- The pair is the first to face 200 balls (203) or more in the current series apart from the first pair to bat in a complete session without being dismissed.