West Indies Vs Ireland Live Score (ODI)
Date: Friday, 09 March, 2018 21:09 IST Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare Match Status: Match Ended
West Indies beat Ireland by 52 runs
Ireland 205/10 (46.2 ov) R/R 4.44 | Match Ended
- Andy McBrine 5,
- Tim Murtagh 1
this over :
|Tim Murtagh||not out||1||2||0||0|
- Ireland skipper, William Porterfield straightaway blames those dropped chances to be the big reason for their loss. Feels they were pretty much on top when they had picked up 5 quick wickets but once again rues the dropped catches which let the game slip away. Ends by saying that they had to pull their socks up and will look to give their all to grab those two points.
- Smiling Windies skipper, Jason Holder says it's a good feeling to have qualified for the next stage. Credits Ireland for the way they have played. States they can't put any foot wrong now and that they don't want to be complacent. Is proud of his boys for their effort and calls each and every game as an important one. Admits they need to improve their batting department as they have struggled to get a good start.
- Man of the Match, Rovman Powell calls his ton a big confidence-booster and wants to keep doing it for his side. Adds it was his dream to play for the Windies and score a century, when he did today, he was all emotional. States when he came in to bat, they had over 30 overs to go and knew if he bats through, he can definitely take his team to a par score.
- After removing the Irish skipper for a duck, they sneaked a couple more quickly to kill the run chase. However, Ed Joyce and Kevin O'Brien did offer some resistance and at one stage they were motoring along quite smoothly. But Kemar Roach came back well and struck twice in the same over to remove both the set batsmen and drifted the game in his side's favor. He picked up a 4-fer, while Williams wiped off the lower order to equal the tally with the former. Overall, it was a clinical win for the Windies and a rather disappointing show from the Irish. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- So, the Windies qualify for the Super Six stage and the smiles on their faces sums up what this means to them. After staging a remarkable fightback, led by skipper Holder and Powell, they have ran through the Irish batting line up to make it three straight wins a row in group stages. The Windies' bowlers were really disciplined throughout the innings and never did the let the Irish side off the hook.
- 46.2 OUT! Holder takes it! And the Men from the Caribbean seal it. Boy, look at the excitement on the faces of their players! Well played, Windies! Williams delivers a slower ball on middle and leg, Andy McBrine backs away to swing it across the line but ends up hitting it straight in the air towards long on where Jason Holder completes the proceedings. WINDIES DEFEAT IRELAND BY 52 RUNS!
- 46.1 Fuller on the stumps, driven to mid on.
- 45.6 Fuller in length and angling in, driven back to the bowler. 205/9
- 45.5 The batsman has flicked the ball off his pads. The batsmen have run through for a single.
- 45.4 Not Out! West Indies will have to wait a bit more! Fuller in length and on the pads, Andy McBrine clips it in front of square on the leg side and calls for two. There was never the second one there but still they go after it. The man from deep mid-wicket charges to the ball and returns a flat throw to Shai Hope who doesn't collect the ball and disturbs the stumps. West Indies players appeal and it's taken upstairs. Replays show Shai Hope has done a blunder here.
- West Indies feel they have got their man. The run out appeal is referred upstairs.
- 45.3 Tucked towards the man at square leg for nothing.
- 45.2 The batsman plays the pull-shot. They pick up a single.
- 45.1 Fuller in length and angling in, clipped through the leg side for a single.
- 44.6 Short and outside off, McBrine cuts it towards backward point who has a needless shy at the bowler's end and he misses. A single taken. 200/9