Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (TEST)
Date: Saturday, 12 August 2017 Venue: Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Kandy Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 171 runs
Sri Lanka 181/10 (74.3 ov) R/R 2.44 | Match Ended
- Vishwa Fernando 3,
- Lahiru Kumara 10
this over :
|Vishwa Fernando||not out||4||17||0||0|
- So that's it from us for this game. We hope you enjoyed our coverage. There wasn't much of a contest most of the times but that is how international cricket is at this moment. There are many lopsided contests happening. Hopefully the ODIs will be more competitive. The first of which will be played on the 20th August in Dambulla. Action begins 1430 local time (0900 GMT). We look forward to your company. Until then, it's goodbye and take care!
- India skipper, Virat Kohli calls it a good win for them. Says that it is nice to get convincing victories. On the positives, Kohli replies that Pandya's confidence with the bat and ball is the biggest positive as it gives them a lot of balance. Credits Rahane, Pujara, Mukund, Rahul for their knocks. Is more than happy with the efforts of the bowlers. Opines that they look forward to play every Test with the same excitement. Says that they want to be prepared, be proactive and need to carry this forward to be a ruthless side. On Sri Lankan players, he responds that they didn't have momentum on their side and they need to believe and not lose motivation to work hard.
- Man of the Series, Shikhar Dhawan jokes that he was in Hong Kong enjoying his holidays, when asked about his place in the side before the series. Admits that he got a chance since an opener was injured. Adds that he is happy that things went well and he got this award. Affirms the backing he had of the team management. He states that he tries to play the attacking game which is his natural game. Ends by saying that he needs to keep working hard as there is competition for spots in the team and so nothing is a given.
- Sri Lanka skipper, Dinesh Chandimal feels that one can't control the toss. Calls it a tough series as a team. Credits India for playing really well. Says that bad fielding is a part of the game but feels that they did not bat and bowl well. On the call to play the extra bowler, he replies that they wanted to restrict India under 450. Rues the batting and bowling lapses, does not think they concentrated well enough. Hopes that the talented players come good in the Pakistan tour.
- Man of the Match, Hardik Pandya expresses gratitude and says that he's pretty glad that he has got his hundred here. Adds that situation was good and he had the confidence to play his shots. He states that they as a team always had a target in mind and were looking to get somewhere around 550. He reckons that he has been bowling well and it isn't easy to get a five-fer in the longest format of the game. Adds further that he doesn't think too much about where he should bat and is happy to bat wherever the team wants. Ends by lauding the team and support staff.
- Mohammed Shami led the attack well with the new ball. Ravichandran Ashwin and Kuldeep Yadav showed their class and took wickets at regular intervals. They were always in control with the Sri Lankan batsmen not providing a fight. Virat Kohli will be pleased with the way his side has played in the series. Stay with us as we bring you the presentation in a while.
- Once the Indian lower order wagged yet again, Sri Lankan shoulders drooped along with their confidence and energy levels. Hardik Pandya's onslaught ripped the spirits out of them. From there, mentally, the hosts were shut out of the match. Only Dinesh Chandimal fought hard in the first innings and in the second it was only his and Mathews' stand that had something to be spoken about. Rest was all about the Indian bowlers going about their work professionally.
- It should be noted that Kohli wasn't keen on the follow-on, but his teammates egged him to do so and the visitors ended up inflicting another innings defeat on the home side. It seemed that Sri Lanka never turned up to play this series. The last time they were in this Test was when they finished day one restricting the tourists to 329/6. Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul had set it up for the visiting side with a 188-run stand.
- Another series win under Virat Kohli and this has been a comprehensive one. It proved to be a meek surrender from the Lankans as they batted over 80 overs only once in the entire series - just sums up their lack of application and temperament. This also is the first ever 3-0 whitewash away from home in Tests for India, seventh time a home team has been blanked 3-0.
- 74.3 OUT! 3-0 to India! Ashwin bowls the carrom ball outside off, Kumara comes forward to defend but is beaten on the outside edge. The ball crashes into the stumps and that is it. INDIA WIN BY AN INNINGS AND 171 RUNS!
- 74.2 FOUR! Smacked! Tossed around leg, Kumara comes down and clobbers it wide of mid on for a boundary.
- 74.1 Flatter on middle, pulled towards mid-wicket from the crease. A quick single taken.
- Ravichandran Ashwin brought on for the last rites.
- 73.6 In the air but safe! Kumara aims to go over long on but fails to connect well. Umesh runs back from mid on but cannot get to it. Two runs taken. 176/9
- 73.5 Punches one towards the fielder who just came in at covers.