Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (TEST)
Date: Thursday, 03 August 2017 Venue: Sinhalese Sports Club, Colombo Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 53 runs
Sri Lanka 386/10 (116.5 ov) R/R 3.31 | Match Ended
- Nuwan Pradeep 1,
- Rangana Herath 0
this over :
|Rangana Herath||not out||17||30||3||0|
- That is it from us for this match. India have continued their dominance over the Islanders and won what was quite a one-sided series. The Lankan side on the other hand have a lot of issues to solve and come up with new plans for the third and final Test. It will be played on the 12th of August in Pallekele at 1000 local (0430 GMT). Till then, take care and cheers!
- Virat Kohli says that the way the wicket behaved and the big lead they had prompted him to enforce the follow-on. Adds that he isn't a big fan of the follow-on and especially on a wicket like this where the ball turns square and even a target of 150 is tough but here he felt that they had enough to get them out. On the fight they received, he says that at international level one expects such things. Informs that he spoke with his team about enjoying the hard times and not getting much worried if they didn't scalp early wickets. He is happy that they went through the difficult times, helps you not to get complacent. He suggests that just four byes conceded speak volumes of Saha's keeping and adds that he is very safe behind the stumps, currently the best in that position in this format. Overall he thinks that their batting was outstanding, Pujara and Rahane, our best Test players scored tons, Jadeja contributed lower down the order and Pandya provides them the much-needed balance. On being the first skipper to win two series against Sri Lanka in the Island, he says that he never plays for such records and it's always about the Indian cricket.
- Dinesh Chandimal says that one can't control the toss. Credits India by saying they outplayed us. Also praises the efforts of his side in the fightback. Informs that they want to take positives of the game going forward. Says that due to Angelo Mathews not bowling at the moment, they can't find the right balance. On losing Gunaratne, he says that it's a big blow as he has been consistent and hopes that some takes this opportunity to step up.
- Man of the Match, Ravindra Jadeja says that the ball wasn't turning much when they were batting but when they came on to bowl, it started turning from the middle part of the wicket. Praises Mendis' batting. On the sweep shots being played against him, he mentions that it's challenging to bowl to and has to alter his lines and lengths.
- Earlier in the match India won the all important toss and elected to bat. They posted a mammoth 622 courtesy a huge partnership of 217 between Pujara and Rahane with both completing their respective tons. Sri Lanka never recovered from that and fell short twice, by 439 runs in the first innings and then by 53 after being enforced to follow-on. If it was Jadeja who claimed a fifer this innings, it was Ashwin who took it in the first, both scored fifties as well. The others supported them well and it was another clinical performance by them, owning to their no.1 status in Tests.
- Another Test which ends inside 4 days and India have taken the series in their strides with a 2-0 lead. Kohli leads his team off the field and it has been another dominating performance by the visiting side. Jadeja is the man of the moment for the Indians as he bagged a brilliant 5-fer. The Lankans showed good fight in the second innings but it was never going to be enough. To cut down a deficit of 439 on a wicket which had turn and bounce was never going to be easy and they fell short by 53 runs.
- 116.5 OUT! Final nail in the coffin! India have sealed the series as well and have won 8th series on the trot. Ashwin gives it a nice loop and tosses it up outside off. Pradeep kneels down and goes for the slog sweep. Gets it off the toe end and the ball lobs high in the air on the leg side. It goes straight to Dhawan at wide mid on, who completes the catch to finish off the proceedings. And, the celebration starts! INDIA WIN BY AN INNINGS AND 53 RUNS!
- 116.4 The batsman has defended it by getting right behind the line of the delivery.
- 116.3 NOT OUT! Tossed up around leg, Pradeep once again fails to read the carrom ball, gets beaten and is hit on the pads. The players appeal but it's turned down. India go for the review but it turns out to be a wasteful one as the ball was pitching outside leg.
- India have taken a review for LBW against Nuwan Pradeep. It looks like it has pitched outside leg.
- 116.2 The batsman has played it towards mid-wicket.
- 116.1 Served around leg, spinning in a touch. Pradeep looks to defend on the leg side but gets a leading edge and it lobs on the off side beside the pitch. That was a carrom ball!
- 115.6 Bowls it full on the stumps, Herath keeps it out. 386/9
- 115.5 Full toss, clipped through mid-wicket for a single.
- 115.5 Banged in short, Pradeep ducks under it and lets it sail through to the keeper. Wide signalled for height.