Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (T20)
Date: Tuesday, 13 March, 2018 00:12 IST Venue: R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 6 wickets
India 153/4 (17.3 ov) R/R 8.84 | Match Ended
- Dinesh Karthik 39,
- Manish Pandey 28
this over :
|Manish Pandey||not out||42||31||3||1|
|Dinesh Karthik (W)||not out||39||25||5||0|
- So, India move to the top of the table with this win. They're in a comfortable position now and will want to carry the momentum forward when they Bangladesh in the next game of this tri-series. It takes place on 14th March at this same venue, at 1900 local (1330 GMT). Do tune in for that. Till then, cheers!
- Rohit Sharma says it was a smart performance from his bowlers to restrict Sri Lanka to the score they did. Reckons it wasn't easy to pull that off as the conditions were difficult for bowling but his bowling unit still delivered the goods. Feels that you have to find a way to keep taking wickets in this format, otherwise winning is quite difficult. States they bat really deep so he never had any concerns about getting over the finish line. Applauds Manish Pandey and Dinesh Karthik for the way they performed, but goes on to emphasize he doesn't want to single anybody out as it was a collective effort. Ends by saying that his side needs to keep on playing the way they have and just focus on their strengths.
- Sri Lanka skipper, Thisara Perera states that the pitch was beautiful to bat on and certainly not a 152-run wicket by any means. Admits that his side lost the game after the fall of his wicket which saw them at least 30-40 runs short of the target. Still feels they played some good cricket tonight and that they will take positives from this game. Knows that the next one is a must-win game for them and is confident that his boys will give their hundred percent. Hopes to play the same brand of cricket and qualify for the finals.
- Man of the Match, Shardul Thakur says he just loved it today. It was his dream to win a game for India and is overjoyed to have his dream come true tonight. Smiles and says there were a few nerves but he didn't feel any pressure while bowling.
- Manish Pandey says they were always in the game. States that stitching the partnerships was the key and they did that really well tonight. Tells us that he has been told in the team meetings as to how he should construct his innings at no. 5. Reckons he always looks to stay there till the end. Lauds Karthik for offering a good hand as they don't have much batting lower down the order. Praises the bowlers to have set it up and is happy with the win tonight.
- The task of defending a below par total was always going to be a difficult one for Sri Lanka. They would have had to enforce a collapse to achieve victory, but that wasn't meant to be. They put in a good effort, but fell short. The bowling isn't to blame here though, it's the batting which has let them down. The top order gave them a blazing start, and they were going well till Thisara Perera's wicket. After that, everything fell apart as the hosts easily fell 20-25 runs short. Manish Pandey is out there with Russel Arnold for a chat...
- A comfortable victory for the Indians. They've exacted the revenge for the loss at the hands of the Lankans earlier in the tournament. With a modest target set in front of them, they stuttered a bit along the way. Got off to a good start, but then lost wicket at regular intervals. Things could have gotten complicated had it not been for the calm heads of Manish Pandey and Dinesh Karthik. They battled calmly, played their shots when needed and with their unbeaten partnership of 68 runs, ensured that there were no further hiccups in getting over the finish line.
- 17.3 And that's the game! Dinesh Karthik gets low to this extremely full ball outside off and squeezes it out square through point for a single. INDIA WIN BY 6 WICKETS!
- 17.2 FOUR! Back-to-back boundaries! Scores a level now. Dipping full toss outside off, Karthik hammers this across the long on fence on the bounce.
- 17.1 FOUR! Dinesh Karthik has played an excellent shot. He anticipated the ball to be dropped short, so he stood tall and muscled the pull over mid-wicket for a one-bounce boundary.
- Nuwan Pradeep back on.
- 16.6 Just 9 needed in 12 now. India almost home. Karthik works it just wide of the man at mid-wicket and takes a quick single. 144/4
- 16.5 Short of a good length outside off, Manish rides the bounce and punches it along the ground towards sweeper cover. One run taken.
- 16.4 Well played. Doesn't act rash, taps the slower ball down in front of point and calls his partner through for an easy run.
- 16.3 FOUR! Overpitched and Chameera has paid the price. Good batting from Karthik. Saw it pitched up, knew the fielder was inside the circle so he slogged it over mid-wicket for a boundary.