Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (T20)
Date: Wednesday, 06 September 2017 Venue: R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
India 174/3 (19.2 ov) R/R 9.06 | Match Ended
- MS Dhoni 1,
- Manish Pandey 12
this over :
|Manish Pandey||not out||51||36||4||1|
|MS Dhoni (W)||not out||1||1||0||0|
- That's all we have from this match. Sadly, once again it was a one-sided affair with India thumping Sri Lanka for the umpteenth time on this tour. Now, they will travel back home to host an ODI series against Australia. The Lankans on the other hand have a series coming up against Pakistan shortly. We look forward to your company for all the matches in future. Until next time, it's goodbye from us. Cheers!
- Man of the Match and Series, Virat Kohli is all smiles. Says that it's a special win. Credits his boys for the hunger and feels that it's an evidence of their bench strength. He is very happy as a captain. On his batting, he replies that he backs his strength and enjoys playing all the formats. Admits that there was pressure when two wickets went down but it was all about staying calm and building a partnership. Praises Manish Pandey for his handy knock and finishing it well.
- Upul Tharanga says that they were 15-20 runs short. Admits that they lost the momentum in the middle overs. Praises Virat Kohli for his outstanding batting. Feels that was the difference. On positives, he replies that their fielding was outstanding.
- It wasn't an easy target for the Men in Blue. And once they lost Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul inside the Powerplay, it became tougher. However, Virat Kohli and Manish Pandey soaked all the pressure of a run chase and orchestrated one of the most clinical chases. They went hammer and tongs and punished the insipid Lankan bowling to all parts of the ground. The hosts never got a sniff to come back after that and surrendered meekly, like they did throughout this Indian tour. To say that Sri Lankan cricket is in shambles will be an understatement.
- Easy-peasy! Yet another comfortable win for India and they finish their tour with the scoreline reading 9-0! They were ruthless in the Test series, dominated the ODIs and now crushed the Lankan Lions in the only T20I match. The home side will be breathing a huge sigh of relief that this tour has ended. They're beaten black and blue in every aspect of the game as the Indian team tamed the Lions in their own den.
- 19.2 FOUR! Manish Pandey finishes it off in style! A length delivery in the channel outside off, Pandey knows that the field is up and hence takes the chance to go over the top. Nails his shot over mid off and finds the fence. Handshakes all around. INDIA WIN BY 7 WICKETS!
- 19.1 A low full toss down the leg side, Dhoni nudges it to fine leg for a run.
- 18.6 Angling into the batsman, Pandey tickles it off his pads through mid-wicket and picks up a couple of runs. 2 more needed. 169/3
- 18.5 FOUR! Eased away! Short delivery outside off, slower in pace, Pandey has ample time to crash it through extra cover for a boundary.
- 18.4 Bowls it wide outside off, Pandey strokes it through covers and returns for the second run.
- MS Dhoni walks in next.
- 18.3 OUT! Totally against the run of play. Udana serves a fuller length delivery in the line of the stumps, Kohli leans across and unfurls an effortless flick shot. Plays it in the air with the intention to clear mid-wicket. However, there isn't enough distance behind the shot. Shanaka near the fence catches it calmly to bring an end to an outstanding knock. 10 needed off 9 balls.
- 18.2 The batsman picked that bouncer early and let it through to the keeper.
- 18.1 Pandey plays it with an angled bat and guides it to short third man. One run added to the total.
- 17.6 FOUR! Fantastic shot! Brilliant use of the bottom hand. Full and angling into the batsman, Kohli murders it with his wrists and sends it with utter disdain to the mid-wicket fence. 160/2