Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 03 September 2017 Venue: R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 6 wickets
India 239/4 (46.3 ov) R/R 5.16 | Match Ended
- MS Dhoni 1,
- Virat Kohli 1
this over :
|Virat Kohli (C)||not out||110||116||9||0|
|MS Dhoni (W)||not out||1||1||0||0|
- That is it from the coverage of this game. Virat Kohli gets the trophy and the entire Indian team has a round in the car won by Jasprit Bumrah, with MS Dhoni behind the wheels. A complete drubbing from the visitors in both the Tests and ODIs. The hosts will have to sought out their plans and hope for a win in the on-off T20I which will be played on 6th September at 0700 local (1330) GMT. Do join us for that. Till then, take care and cheers!
- Virat Kohli starts by saying that it's always good to win the series 5-0. Praises his side for the way they way stood up. Continues saying that it has been a clinical show from his side and this momentum might help them against the Aussies in their upcoming series. Loves visiting Sri Lanka and feels that the people here are really kind and something that draws his attention is the way they show hospitality. Ends by saying that he would want to come here soon.
- Man of the Series, Jasprit Bumrah is delighted with the way he has bowled. Says it's his dream to play the longest format of the game. Further says he got a good rest before this series which has helped him come out with a bang. Credits Malinga by saying that he has learnt a lot from the Lankan veteran as both of them play in the same team in the Indian T20 League.
- Upul Tharanga says it is a difficult phase for them. Credits India for their dominating performance in the series. Mentions they lost too many wickets early and 260-270 would have been a good score. Admits they have to improve in all the three departments. Reckons the batting was very disappointing and a lot of work has to be done. Ends by saying that injuries are a big concern for them but accepts that they were not at their best.
- Man of the match, Bhuvneshwar Kumar says he knew he was not among the wickets but is happy to get a fifer today. Admits they wanted to bowl more slower balls and that was their strategy. Reckons that there was nothing to prove he just wanted to do well for his team.
- Sir Lanka on the other hand, started off really well with Malinga and Fernando bagging a wicket each but were not supported well by the rest. The spinners could not get a lot of assistance from the wicket and hence couldn't build the pressure which allowed the Indian batsmen to run away with the game. They have a lot of soul searching to do as with each game passing by they have been handed drubbing after drubbing which fur sure must have dented the team's morale. This also happens to be the first instance where the hosts have been whitewashed in their own den, an unwanted record! Stay tuned for the presentation coming up in a while...
- Another stunning performance from team India has seen them end the series on a high. They have bossed the game and Virat Kohli, their captain with an unbeaten ton has once again taken his team across the line. With this hundred he also surpasses Ricky Ponting and becomes the player with the second most hundreds in ODIs. Summary - India did lose two early wickets but Kohli decided to anchor the chase. He first with Pandey, then with Jadhav constructed two useful partnerships and ensured there were no further hiccups. In the end the visitors gunned down the target with utmost ease.
- 46.3 That is it! India have cruised to victory! They have completed a whitewash. Tossed up on off, Kohli drives it past the diving bowler and takes the single. INDIA WIN BY 6 WICKETS WITH 21 BALLS TO SPARE!
- 46.2 No, he cannot finish it off! Shorter outside off, Dhoni cuts it through covers for a run. Scores are level now.
- MS Dhoni walks in next. Can he hit the winning runs? India just need 2...
- 46.1 OUT! Hasaranga gets a wicket. Too late for Sri Lanka though. Flatter outside off, Kedar Jadhav gets a faint edge to the keeper who takes it and appeals. The umpire raises his finger and Kedar has to depart. He walks back dejected as he fails to take his team over the line. India are just two runs away.
- Wanidu Hasaranga comes back into the attack.
- 45.6 Tosses it up on off, Jadhav pushes it down to long off for a run. Two runs needed now. 237/3
- 45.5 Flatter on off, Kedar pushes it back to the bowler.
- 45.4 Pushed to the cover region by the batsman.