Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Thursday, 31 August 2017 Venue: R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 168 runs
Sri Lanka 207/10 (42.4 ov) R/R 4.88 | Match Ended
- Akila Dananjaya 0,
- Lasith Malinga 0
this over :
|Akila Dananjaya||not out||11||19||1||0|
- That is it for today. India have now gone 4-0 up in this series and will be eager to whitewash this Sri Lankan side. For the home side, a loss today has dampened their chances for direct qualification for the 2019 World Cup. They will have to put all that behind and come out fighting in the next game which will be played on 3rd September, 2017 at 1430 local time (0900 GMT). Till then, take care and cheers!
- Man of the Match, Virat Kohli says it was another good game for them. Mentions they did not want to be complacent. Admits they wanted to bat first as the pitch looked amazing to bat on. Reckons it was a good toss to win and they got plenty of runs on the board which put the team chasing, under pressure. Ends by informing they will continue to experiment with the side.
- Lasith Malinga admits that 300 ODI wickets is a special moment and he still looks forward to continue playing for the nation. Adds that it's difficult to motivate the team as they haven't scored 250-plus in the last 5 matches. Mentions that the youngsters were excited and hence they couldn't perform to their potential. He hopes that they come back stronger and perform well for their nation in the coming matches.
- The Indian bowlers were on the money again. Shardul Thakur had a great debut, picking up a wicket and going under 4 runs per over. Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya and Kuldeep Yadav each scalped a couple of wickets with Axar Patel getting one. Their fielding was also good this time around and they inflicted two run outs as well. Also a talking point of this match would be their use of UDRS, which was spot on every time thanks to Dhoni. Stay tuned for the presentation!
- Angelo Mathews then stood tall in the middle. He combined well with Milinda Siriwardana and stitched a 73-run stand for the 5th wicket. After the latter departed, the ex-skipper carried on and reached his 34th ODI fifty. However, he kept running out of partners and in the end lost his way as well. After that, the Indians bowled out the Islanders in a hurry.
- And the domination continues... India outplayed Sri Lanka and have handed them their biggest-ever home defeat by runs in ODIs. After posting a mammoth total of 375 on the board, India continued their good work with the ball. Their bowlers made full use of the scoreboard pressure and were off to a superb start, scalping three early wickets.
- 42.4 OUT! An emphatic victory for India! Loopy ball on off, turning back in. Malinga is way too early in the slog sweep. As a result he misses it completely and the ball goes on to rattle the stumps. Two-in-two for Kuldeep but he won't be on a hat-trick as Sri Lanka have been bowled out here. INDIA WIN BY 168 RUNS!
- Lasith Malinga is the last man in.
- 42.3 OUT! Another one bites the dust! Slower through the air on off, turning back in. Fernando tries to drive but fails to read it. Gets it off the inner half straight back to the bowler and Kuldeep takes the catch with ease. The Lankans are nine down now.
- 42.2 Works it with the spin towards square leg for no run.
- 42.1 FOUR! TOP SHOT! Floats it up outside off, Fernando goes inside out over covers for a boundary.
- 41.6 Shorter in length on middle, Dananjaya pulls it over mid-wicket for a brace. 203/8
- 41.5 FOUR! DRILLED! Short again on off, Danajaya slams it back past the bowler and the ball races to the fence.
- 41.4 Shortish length outside off, Dananjaya tries to pull it out of Colombo but misses.
- 41.3 A snorter! Goes wide of the crease and bangs it short. Fernando takes his eyes off the ball and tries to fend it. The ball takes the glove and goes down towards fine leg for a run.