Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 27 August 2017 Venue: Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Kandy Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 6 wickets
India 218/4 (45.1 ov) R/R 4.83 | Match Ended
- Rohit Sharma 90,
- MS Dhoni 67
this over :
|Rohit Sharma||not out||124||145||16||2|
|MS Dhoni (W)||not out||67||86||4||1|
- Okay then! 3-0 to India with 2 matches to go. We now head to Colombo for what is left of this tour - 2 ODIs and a T20I. Can the Lankans show any fight? Join us on Thursday, 31st August, 2017 at 1430 local (0900 GMT) for the fourth ODI. Until then, you can catch all the action from the Eng-WI and Ban-Aus Tests. Adios! Take Care!
- Victorious Indian skipper, VIRAT KOHLI says that small targets are a bit tricky but is not too fussed with the top order flopping just for a couple of games. Does not want to look too much into the collapse in the previous game and the failures today. Stresses that people need to be patient with the evolving middle order which is learning. Praises Jasprit Bumrah and calls him amongst India's top bowlers at the moment and adds that he has taken bowling in the death overs like a fish takes to water. Definitely will look to experiment in the coming ODIs, he says.
- Sri Lankan skipper CHAMARA KAPUGEDERA says that the reason to bat first was that he felt that it was a good wicket, so wanted to put some runs and then defend them. On being asked about 29 overs of dot balls in the batting, he admits that rotating the strike was an issue and it needs to be discussed in the team meeting. States that he enjoyed the captaincy in spite of being under pressure.
- JASPRIT BUMRAH has been named the MAN OF THE MATCH for his maiden five-wicket haul in ODIs. States that it is always good to make a comeback after a break, coming back refreshed. Feels that it was a different wicket as the last one was slow but this one here was a bit of movement with the new ball. Adds that it is a good feeling to be contributing to the team's cause.
- The Lankan bowling was not wayward to be honest. But it was not threatening either. Akila Dananjaya kept a lid on the Indians and so did Siriwardana but nothing much from the rest. Malinga and Fernando started off well but could not quite induce enough pressure. Stay tuned for the presentation...
- Forgettable match again for Sri Lanka. This has been that sort of a tour for them, right from the Tests. Apart from the second ODI, they have not made India sweat and poor batting displays are not helping them. It was Siriwardana with a half century in the previous game while it was Thirimanne with a gritty 80 today, but they need the seniors to step up.
- Earlier in the day, India produced yet another brilliant bowling display - this time led by Jasprit Bumrah who grabbed his maiden 5-for in ODIs. Every game, someone or the other steps up for the visitors. Excellent signs for the future with everyone doing well consistently.
- The Indians would be a bit worried regarding the type of dismissals today - pretty loose and just throwing them away. But considering that the game has been won, it might not be too much of a thought. But consistent failures for Rahul and Jadhav might just tempt the Indian think tank to look at the reserves, given that the series has been done and dusted.
- Easy win for the Indians, marred a bit by the unsporting Sri Lankan crowd. They were in a bit of bother during the run chase but calm and cool Rohit Sharma shepherded them through with an unbeaten 124. Giving him good company and playing second fiddle was MS Dhoni, who made an unnoticed 67 in a partnership of 157.
- 45.1 This ends the game. A full toss down the leg side, Dhoni looks to flick but gets a bit of a top edge which clears the infield. India take the required single and WIN BY 6 WICKETS AND 29 BALLS TO SPARE! They also gain an unassailable 3-0 lead in the series with 2 matches to go!
- VISHWA FERNANDO to bowl possibly the final over of the game...
- 44.6 Action replay of the previous delivery. Just a run needed... 217/4
- 44.5 Landed outside off, dabbed to third man for another single.
- 44.4 Outside off, punched through the covers for one more.
- 44.3 Short and outside off, crunched through the covers where Vishwa Fernando makes a good tumbling stop. Two runs taken.