Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Thursday, 24 August 2017 Venue: Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Kandy Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 3 wickets (D/L method)
India 231/7 (44.2 ov) R/R 5.23 | Match Ended
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar 53,
- MS Dhoni 38
this over :
|MS Dhoni (W)||not out||45||68||1||0|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||not out||53||80||4||1|
- Right then! It would take some time for Sri Lanka to sink this loss. They put up a real good fight and nearly gave the Indians a run for their money but in the end failed to capitalize on the platform that was set. The pressure now stays firmly on them as another loss would see the series go away from their hands. Can they keep the Men in Blue at bay? Or will Kohli and co. seal the deal in the third ODI? Join us on 27th August, 2017 at 1430 local (0900 GMT) to find out. Until then, it's goodbye and take care. Cheers!
- Virat Kohli says that it was an exciting game of cricket which gave them a good test. Informs seeing two 100-run stands in a 237-run chase was quite bizarre but felt good to come through. Mentions that he doesn't regret experimenting with the batting order. Backs it by informing they were sent to slog but got out to good deliveries. Praises Akila Dananjaya for mixing it up well and outfoxing the Indian batsmen.
- Upul Tharanga is really disappointed to have not cross the finish line. Rues the fact that they failed to create further in-roads after having an upper hand. Credits Dhoni and Bhuvneshwar Kumar for playing so well and taking their side through. Ends up saying he is really proud of his boys and gives a special credit to his bowlers and fielders and lauds the effort of Siriwardana and Kapugedera for putting up runs on the board.
- Man of the Match, Akila Dananjaya says that the off spin was working so he continuously used the variation. Adds that he had his wedding yesterday and reached the hotel late at night.
- As the saying goes - "It's never over, until it's over" was something we got to witness thereafter. Dhoni and Bhuvneshwar Kumar kept a calm head and countered through the turbulent tide. The latter in particular, was exceptional with his defense and aggression. He registered his maiden ODI fifty and recorded a 100-run stand for the 8th wicket which helped him bail his side out of an embarrassment. True to say that, the experiments failed miserably for India but they will take a leaf out of this extra ordinary effort from their No. 9. Stay tuned as Roshan Abeysinghe is out there for presentation...
- What a victory for India this is. Something that they will cheer for a very long time. Not many would believe it if you tell them, India started the chase in a stunning manner with Rohit and Dhawan motoring along quite well. They raises 109 and it seemed like this match is heading towards one side. But, a young Akila Dananjaya changed the complexion of the game. He ran through the star-studded batting line-up and claimed a 6-fer in his first game against the Indians. From 109-0 to 131-7 was the collapse that the Indians had. There were literally on the mat to say the least.
- 44.3 A WIDE TO SETTLE IT! What a match this has turned out to be. Short and down the leg side, Dhoni looks to pull but isn't able to do so. Dickwella takes it by moving to his left. INDIA WIN BY 3 WICKETS WITH 16 BALLS TO SPARE. And the customary handshakes follow.
- 44.2 Scorers are level! Once again it's on the shorter side, Kumar tries to ramp it down but gets it off the toe end through backward point for a single.
- 44.1 Bangs in a short ball outside off, Kumar tries to play the ramp shot but is undone by the bumper here.
- 43.6 Dhoni dances down the track and nudges it with soft hands towards square leg. Calls for two and gets to it in the end. Just 2 needed now. Akila finishes his spell with figures of - 10-0-54-6! 229/7
- 43.5 Short and outside off, cut hard but finds the man at point.
- 43.4 Around middle and leg, tucked around the corner for a single.
- 43.3 Maiden ODI fifty for Bhuvneshwar Kumar. What a knock this has been, especially overshadowing Dhoni in a run chase. He will remember this for a very long time. A raise of the bat from him and Kohli in the dressing room is all smiles. He cheers and Dhoni walks towards his partner to give a pat on the back. Well played, Bhuvi! Ball - Fuller outside off, driven through covers for a couple.
- 43.2 Flat and turning away from middle, slapped past point for a single.
- 43.1 Leg-break around middle, Dhoni hops back and pushes it towards cover.