Sri Lanka Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 20 August 2017 Venue: Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, Rangiri Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 9 wickets
India 220/1 (28.5 ov) R/R 7.72 | Match Ended
- Virat Kohli 82,
- Shikhar Dhawan 114
this over :
|Shikhar Dhawan||not out||132||90||20||3|
|Virat Kohli (C)||not out||82||70||10||1|
- So that's it from us for this game. We hope you enjoyed our coverage. India absolutely mauled Sri Lanka and will aim for more of the same in the coming games. The second ODI will be played on the 24th of August 2017 at 1430 local (0900 GMT) at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. Until then, it's goodbye and take care!
- Virat Kohli says that Sri Lanka got off to a really good start and it did put them under pressure. Calls it a really good wicket to bat which is why they chose to chase since it is easy to play strokes under lights. Credits the bowlers for getting the breakthroughs. Lauds Dhawan's efforts and credits him for cashing in and making the chances count. Hopes that they keep Dhawan in the good zone as he can win them games single-handedly. Mentions that they have started planning for the World Cup in 2019 and are happy to take on challenges. Informs that there will be quite a few surprises in the coming games. On not playing Kuldeep Yadav, he responds by saying that Axar Patel gives a batting option as well and they were happy to play only one wrist spinner. Believes that it is always about the balance of the side.
- Upul Tharanga says that once the Indians capitalized it became really difficult for them. Reckons that they were aiming for 300 while batting but to reach that someone needed to carry on and get a good score which didn't happen. Ends by saying that they will have to learn from their mistakes and be consistent with both the bat and the ball.
- Man of the Match, Shikhar Dhawan says that things are going very well for him and he is just playing his natural game. Feels that his performances have given him the confidence to play freely. Mentions that he went in with positive intent and that worked in favour of him.
- The hosts will be disappointed that they could not even fight. None of their bowlers looked threatening and their fielding too was below standard. Earlier in the day, it was the Indian spinners who choked the Lankans with some tight bowling after they got off to a great start. The visitors claimed 9 for 77 to push the hosts off the track and restricted them to a paltry total. A lot of soul-searching is the need of the hour for the Islanders if they want to stay alive in the series.
- Nothing much to write really! India chased down the target of 217 with ages to spare and the only wicket that Sri Lanka managed was due to the fault (or bad luck) of the Indian opener, Rohit Sharma. Both Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli had an extended nets session out in the middle as the bowlers for the hosts failed to create any pressure. Dhawan helped himself to a ton while the Indian skipper notched up yet another 50-plus score in a run chase.
- 28.5 FOUR! India win by 9 wickets with 127 balls to spare! Loops it around off, Dhawan comes down and just eases it through the mid off region for a boundary. India ease into a 1-0 lead in the 5-match ODI series.
- 28.4 Fuller on middle and leg, Dhawan wants to clip it through the leg side but gets a soft leading edge towards the bowler.
- 28.3 Short and outside off, punched through the point region for a single.
- 28.2 Short and outside off, punched hard to the extra cover fielder.
- 28.1 Shorter on middle, Dhawan pulls it through the mid-wicket region for a single.
- 27.6 FOUR! Nicely done! Fuller around off, Kohli just smashes it down the ground for a boundary. Nobody moved there. India need only 3 more! 214/1
- 27.5 Full toss on middle, Kohli clips it through mid-wicket for a couple of runs.
- 27.4 Very full ball outside off, Kohli digs it out with a straight bat.
- 27.3 Shorter and down the leg side, Shikhar jams it down to fine leg for a single.