South Africa Vs India Live Score (TEST)
Date: Wednesday, 17 January, 2018 16:04 IST Venue: SuperSport Park, Centurion Match Status: Match Ended
South Africa beat India by 135 runs
India 151/10 (50.2 ov) R/R 3.01 | Match Ended
- Ishant Sharma 4,
- Jasprit Bumrah 2
this over :
|Ishant Sharma||not out||4||10||1||0|
- So, that is it from this game! Virat Kohli's 9 Test series win as captain comes to an end. Their batting is once again under scrutiny. Was not picking Rahane the right move? Or was dropping Bhuvneshwar Kumar something they should have not done? Hindsight is a wonderful thing. For South Africa, things just keep getting better and every player is contributing in some or the other way. They would now look to inflict a whitewash by winning the third Test in Durban. It will be played on 24th of January 1000 local (0800 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- Man of the Match, Lungi Ngidi, says he is very happy with the award. Further adds he cant believe it. Admits he has been in good form in franchise cricket and he feels lucky he got to debut on his homeground. opines he stuck to the basics and he got some movement of the deck which helped him. Ends by saying the pitch was on the slower side but adapting to conditions was very important.
- South African skipper, Faf du Plessis, says it is a very good feeling. Admits it took a lot of hard work but feels they were on top for the majority of the Test match. Mentions they were disappointed after day one due to the last 45 minutes as they felt they gave India a sniff but credits his teammates as they showed great character to bounce back on the remaining days. Further adds anything above 250 would have been challenging. Appreciates Ngidi's performance and also says he is a very nice human being. Ends by saying Morne's catch was better than ABD's.
- Indian skipper, Virat Kohli, thought the wicket was quite flat. He felt his best chance was to put some runs on the board. Admits he should have capitalized as they were in a position to take the lead. Credits the bowlers who have done well in this game as well. States he gives 100 percent out there on the field. Mentions his innings at the moment means nothing as they have lost the series. Further adds personal milestones is not something he cares about as team performances matter more. Ends by saying they tried their best but South Africa were the better team.
- With a lead of 28 on a wicket which was getting even more difficult to bat. Anything above 250 would have been difficult for India to chase. The Indian bowlers did strike early but the pair of AB de Villiers and Elgar first and then Faf du Plessis towards the end ensured they get up to a total which will prove too much of a task for the Indians. Stay tuned for the presentation in a while.
- India went into the second game needing a win or a draw to stay alive in the series. Losing the toss did not help their cause as South Africa elected to bat. They put up a decent total with Aiden Markram being their top scorer with 94. India in reply fell 28 short of the total. At one stage they looked like they would be conceding a big lead but courtesy a brilliant 153 by their skipper they were back in the game.
- It took South Africa only a session to take the seven wickets they had to today. Parthiv and Pujara did show good intent to start off the day but a moment of madness from Pujara as he gifted his wicket to the South Africans by being run out made their task even more difficult. The rest also threw their wickets away by playing poor shots, needless shots you can say. Sharma did try to put up a fight but it was always an uphill task. For South Africa, Ngidi was the star as he picked up a 6-fer on his debut. He was well supported by the Rabada. As the pair took 9 of the 10 wickets to fall.
- What a dream debut for the young man, Lungi Ngidi! Another impressive bowler to add to the lot of the already impressive pace bowlers of South Africa. He leads the team off the field and is congratulated by the Indians and also from his team members. He has single handedly ran through the strong batting line-up of the Indians, to help South Africa clinch the series 2-0.
- 50.2 OUT! That is it! Six-fer for Ngidi. What a debut for the young man! He has made a mark for himself against a top-class batting line-up. He bowls it full on off, Bumrah tries to drive but instead he lobs it towards covers. Philander there runs in and takes another good catch inches above the ground. So that is four good catches in this innings. All smiles in the South African camp, Ngidi is given a stump for his heroics and India are bowled out for 151! SOUTH AFRICA WIN BY 135 RUNS!
- 50.1 The batsman tries to pull that one but misses.
- 49.6 FOUR! Full ball but the line is outside off, Sharma square drives it through to the boundary. 150 up for India. 151/9
- 49.5 Rabada is back to bowling bouncers but Ishant ducks under it.
- 49.4 Excellent bowling but equally well played by Ishant! Rabada follows the short ball with a yorker on middle. Ishant does really well to keep it out.
- 49.3 The batsman has played it to the point region.
- 49.2 A bumper, Sharma ducks under it.